chapter twelve

"hey, meliodas, are you sure about this? we've been out here for three hours now! there's no sign of any animals, much less any humans either."

elizabeth nodded at hawk's words. "you're right, hawk."

if there was one word to describe the forest of white dreams, it'd be creepy.

the fog around the entire area left you feeling uneasy.

the forest itself felt like a prison. you felt as though you had been walking in circles for hours.

"sir meliodas, do you really think we'll be able to find one of the seven deadly sins here?" elizabeth asked, looking at the blonde.

meliodas kept a poker face.

"probably."

hawk widened his eyes as meliodas' blunt answer.

"you mean we came here without any solid evidence?!"

you sighed, "well, it was our only lead."

unfortunately, you too had began to lose hope.

"i heard there's a terrifying monster who lurks around here - watching and waiting...."

elizabeth screamed, interrupting hawk.

your head snapped to her, a worried look on your face.

she squirmed in fright. "i... i could feel something grabbing me from behind."

your eyes narrowed as you saw meliodas' hands squeezing her bottom.

"hey, relax. just me." he hummed, continuing his assault.

elizabeth sighed, wiping her forehead. "oh, good. what a relief."

you rolled your eyes at meliodas' perverted actions.

with a quick flick of your wrist, you sent him flying into the trunk of a tree.

elizabeth gasped, and you gave her a reassuring smile.

"trust me, he's fine."

meliodas groaned, getting out of the dent his body had made against the wood.

"well, putting that aside for just a minute-" he shot you a playful glare. "i might have a little evidence."

he walked in front of you, his eyes scanning across the forest.

"traveling through the forest of white dreams on horseback is more difficult than you think." he rose a brow. "it's so hard to get your bearings that experienced travelers go around it."

elizabeth excitedly clasped her hands together. "this would be the perfect place for someone to hide out!"

though, her expression quickly fell, a worried look on her face. "hold on... something doesn't feel right."

you crossed your arms, wondering what was wrong.

"you okay, princess?" you asked, a concerned look on your face.

she nervously smiled, "sure, just fine!"

you dismissed her strange actions, turning back around to continue walking.

"c'mon slow-pokes! pick up the pace, would you?" hawk yelled from upfront, mainly directing his words at elizabeth.

"c-coming!" she replied, a fake smile on her face.

you rose a brow, deciding to not ask her what had happened.

"hey, hold your bacon!" meliodas smirked. "not a lot of fun traveling with a nervous piggy...."