chapter eight

"so... what's this new outfit for?"

meliodas smiled, "it's the tavern uniform!"

hawk sent a pointed look, "way to out your pervy thoughts on display there, dude."

you snickered.

the outfit was very revealing, without saying much.

"hey, how come y/n isn't wearing one?" hawk asked, and you sent him a glare, lightly kicking him with your foot.

"because of my wings!" you quickly replied, spreading them out. "see! it just wouldn't work."

meliodas tilted his head, "i'm sure we could-"

"nope! no, i'm good. plus! i'm just the chef here, no one really sees me anyway." you interrupted, flashing him a crazed smile.

he shook his head at you, raising a brow, "fine."

you mentally cheered in victory.

meliodas walked around elizabeth, not-so-subtly checking her out.

"while i'm waiting on tables, you want me to keep track of rumors and collect information about the possible whereabouts of the seven deadly sins, right?"

you were convinced he hadn't been paying attention to her, though widened your eyes when he responded.

"some intel on the holy knights would be okay too." he shrugged.

you gawked at him in horror as he lifted elizabeth's skirt up.

"oh, don't worry, i just need to conduct a size check."

you quickly rose your hand, lifting him up with your magic and throwing him across the tavern.

hawk raised his hoof, and you quickly patted it as you claimed it to be your guys' high-five.

meliodas groaned, rubbing his head.

"lady y/n?"

you turned your head to elizabeth.

"yes, princess?" you asked, a polite smile on your lips, completely ignoring meliodas' glare.

"if you're not a sin... then what exactly are you?" she asked, tilting her head. "you seem powerful..."

you pursed your lips, oh, give me a break.

"i'm from the fairy realm!" you replied, flapping your wings.

meliodas stared at you.

of course, your height made sense if you were a fairy, but your wings didn't.

they were far too large and your magical capability was much too powerful to just be a fairy.

elizabeth hesitated for a moment, before asking another question.

"then why are you here in the human world?"

you weren't sure why, but you took slight offense to her question.

"i wanted to experience life here." you smiled, lying straight through your teeth. "i was granted permission... so i just left."

elizabeth seemed to have noticed your mood drop, and she stood quiet, feeling as though she had hit a sensitive spot.

"forgive me, lady y/n." she apologized, looking down at you. "it's not my place to ask questions of that sort."

you shook your head, "you're alright, princess."

meliodas looked at you with curiosity.

when he was told stories about you, he had asked the same question.

why had you left the fairy realm?

the answers he'd receive were blunt and suspicious - much like your own answer.

something wasn't adding up.

elizabeth turned to him, "and, sir meliodas? there's something i've been wanting to ask you as well."

he turned to her, raising a brow.

"the seven deadly sins... are you really that wicked? are you all terrible criminals like the world says? and if you are - what awful crime did you commit?"

meliodas hummed, "my crime, huh? well..."

elizabeth furrowed her brows, "seems to me, they just don't understand what kind of person you are! after all, you made the effort to save me even though you had no idea who i was!"

you flew on your backside, pondering her words. she had a point.

"the truth is..." meliodas placed his hands on his hips, looking over at her sternly. "ten years ago i traveled through liones stealing every pair of panties i could get my hands on."

you gave him an unamused glance.

elizabeth widened her eyes, "y-you've gotta be kidding!"

"that's right." he shrugged.

she sighed in relief.

"okay, what i actually did was stalk a thousand pretty girls with perfect boobs and groped them all."

elizabeth looked like she was on the verge of passing out.

"groping?! that's just a joke, right?!"

"it is."

elizabeth shook her head, "please stop messing around!" she paused. "or is the truth you committed a crime so terrible you can't put it into words?"

you rested your head in your hands, turning on your stomach.

you impatiently awaited his response.

"maybe."

at that point, you felt the need to drop-kick him as far as you could. his answers built a different flame of frustration in you.

before you were about to utter your thoughts, the whole tavern shook, a sign of a stop.

elizabeth screamed, and you rose your hand as you caught her with your magic.

"hey, we're here!"

your form of transportation was somewhat unique.

you had learned that hawk's mom was an extremely large pig. the tavern was tied to her back, and she had been traveling places with meliodas for quite some time.

as soon as you felt the tavern stop moving, you set down elizabeth as gently as you could.

you flew down to your feet, looking out the window.

a village.

"this is our next well-spring of information!" meliodas declared.

"vanya village!"