chapter thirteen

"so to finally put an end to all the corruption and stop the holy knights from rampaging, elizabeth's trying to get the seven deadly sins together."

"along with lady y/n's help!" elizabeth interrupted.

you sent her a sweet smile.

"i didn't know about that..." diane pouted, looking at the floor. "guess i'm always the one who jumps to conclusions, aren't i?"

she sighed. "forgive me..." she turned to hawk, a look of guilt on her face. "and i'm sorry i tried to eat you, piggy."

hawk huffed. "think that makes it alright?! you stuffed my belly full of fruit and burned up my backside!"

diane sent him a menacing glare.

you lightly pat him, silently telling him to calm down.

diane narrowed her eyes at you, leaning her face closer to you.

you nervously chuckled, awkwardly waving at her as she observed you.

a yelp escaped your lips as her hand abruptly grabbed you, lifting you up to her eyes.

"you... have wings?" she squinted, poking your backside.

you flinched, quickly flying away from her and on to to the ground.

you didn't like your wings to be touched.

"what's a puny fairy like you doing here?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at you.

you widened your eyes, feeling a bit offended.

"well, i-"

"i already told you - i asked her to come along." meliodas interrupted, ruffling your hair.

you swatted his hand away, giving him an unamused look.

diane remained bothered, glaring down at you.

she glanced between you and meliodas.

"you positive you're not having that kind of relationship with the captain?"

you felt your face grow hot.

"no - of course not." you crossed your arms, turning away from them to hide your flustered appearance.

meliodas hummed at diane's question. "you know, you and i don't have a relationship like that either."

diane's eyes grew wide, "what?"

"anyway," meliodas brushed her off, his hands in his pockets. "y/n and i are gonna do what we can to help elizabeth gather the seven deadly sins, 'cause i want to find them too."

diane seemed in thought, her gaze on the floor.

"well, if you're sure that's the case, then i'll come along with you guys."

elizabeth gasped in excitement, watching as diane stood up.

"you have the help of the serpent sin of envy, the giant diane!"

meliodas smiled, "really? that's great!"

elizabeth clasped her hands together. "thank you for joining us, lady diane!"