chapter seven

"seize them!"

you had caught up to the girl, running alongside her as you were only mere few feet from the men behind you.

you were quickly approaching a cliff, and you weren't sure what to do.

"you're not getting away!"

you briefly turned, a breath of relief falling from your lips as you watched hawk charge at the men, their bodies falling like bowling pins.

a strong grip on your waist made you yelp, and you were suddenly being pulled up a tree.

it seemed as though your disappearance went unnoticed, as the man chasing the two of you looked at the cliff in confusion, before finally being thrown off by hawk.

you winced as you watched him fall, his screams raking your ears.

you already knew who had saved you, your head turning to meet his emerald eyes.

instead, you were greeted with a hand on your breast.

the girl was beside you, and you assumed meliodas had grabbed her as well.

his other hand was doing the same to her, though you immediately grabbed the one that was groping you, slapping him in the face.

he sent you a smirk.

"i don't know how i could ever thank you for saving me... not just once but two times...?"

the girl hadn't been as bold as you, letting him touch her as she trailed off in confusion.

meliodas had his eyes closed, nodding as he squeezed her breast.

"i'm telling you lady, feel free to haul off and punch him." hawk sneered, looking at him in disgust.

you snickered, jumping down from the tree.

"you sure you got rid of them, hawk?" you asked, placing a hand on your forehead, trying to see any sign of the men.

"yeah! they flew!" hawk spoke proudly. "they were no match for this pig!"

you chuckled, noticing meliodas and the girl had joined you on the ground.

you turned to the girl, furrowing your brows. "so, why are you looking for the seven deadly sins anyway?"

you watched as she walked toward the end of the cliff, looking off into the distance.

"...i want to ask them to help me stop the holy knights."

you and meliodas looked at each other in confusion.

"are you serious? why in the world would you want to do that?" hawk asked. "the holy knights are the king's men! they're the knights who protect liones - real heroes!"

she paused.

"but... what if they were behind the plot to start a war in our country?"

you crossed your arms, what is she getting at?

"the other day, except for the king himself, the entire royal family was arrested and is being held by the holy knights."

your eyes widened, and you felt as though your hearing wasn't working properly for the information you had just found out.

"does that mean the king isn't really sick in bed?" hawk asked, prompting the girl to solemnly shake her head.

"that's just a cover story the holy knights are using." she softly spoke. "i don't know what they think they can accomplish by driving the nation to war. but now, they're drafting the people of the kingdom. they're taking men wherever they can get them. they're preparing for war everywhere you look."