Chapter 34-Final

Trip's face flushes upon hearing the words Reed tells him and immediately pulls the older boy into his arms again.

"I love you, too," Trip says into his neck and Reed grins, squeezing him.

Trip pulls away after a second and looks at Reed's lips again before crashing his mouth back down on Reed's.

Reed moves his lips against Trip's and the two quickly lose their breath. They only pull away to breathe for a second before they continue making passionate love to each other.

And finally, their night comes to an end.

———

A beautiful morning begins the day of July eighth as the sun shines brightly in the sky, though it doesn't beam down on the citizens. A calm, cool breeze ruffles Trip's clothes as he rides his bike through the small town with a twenty-three-year-old on the back, holding onto his shoulders.

They pass by a unique, purple home as a girl with matching streaks in her hair walks out, an angry look on her face as usual.

"Gaze," Reed says, lifting a hand to wave at her as Trip slows down his pedaling.

The girl yawns and stretches her arms above her head as she begins to trudge beside Trip's bike as he pedals.

"I'm too tired for this," she tells them as she walks with her head down. "Why did Boss call such an urgent meeting?"

"Beats me," Reed says. "Maybe he's designating new missions to everyone."

"We just had one last night," Gaze says with a sigh. "I'm tired."

"I know," Reed says with a smile. "You just said that."

"Shut up," she mumbles.

The three converse for a while until they arrive at the company's building and walk inside, taking their seats. Trip is surprised when he finds his brother laughing and checks to see the source of the happiness.

Sure enough, Nakota is by his side and he shoves Beck softly. As if sensing a pair of eyes on him, Nakota glances over and grins upon discovering Trip looking at him. Trip simply nods and turns his attention back to Reed and Trip.

A short boy soon walks in and takes a seat beside Gaze, offering smiles to the three.

"Moose," Reed says. "How've you been?"

Moose sports a goofy smile and pokes Gaze's arm awkwardly. She looks down as Moose holds out his hands, a purple necklace in his palm.

"Here," he says as she raises an eyebrow.

"What?" Gaze asks as Reed and Trip try to hold in their laughs.

"I got it for you," Moose says as he looks down shyly.

It makes Trip laugh and Reed nudges him in the side even though, he too cannot contain it.

"Why?" Gaze asks as she scrunches her eyebrows together, but takes the necklace from him.

"I'll tell you after the meeting," Moose says, confidently bringing his eyes to meet hers.

"Okay?" she says, confused.

"Put in on," Moose urges.

"Oh," she says and looks at Trip who sits beside her. "Can you help me?"

Trip reaches out his hands but Moose interrupts and tells Gaze he can do it.

Reed and Trip watch the exchange and silently applaud Moose for his attempt. Love is tricky, but at least the boy is trying.

Soon later, the rest of the members arrive and Boss begins to speak. As usual, he remains hidden.

"Sorry for the surprise meeting," Boss says. "But I'm glad you all could make it."

The members listen to Boss as they hear footsteps enter the room. Trip peers over to a door on the right and watches as a figure makes an appearance.

The man is unrecognizable as none of the members have ever seen Boss before. He's an older gentleman in his late fifties, his hair slightly greying, and he wears a police uniform.

Everyone remains silent as the man smiles warmly at the members and many of them smile back.

"Good to see you all," Boss says. "As you probably guessed, I'm Boss. And I've called you all in here today to give you some very special news. So, to begin, I know how hard you all have been working and I wanted to express how proud I am of each of you. You all have done an outstanding job keeping our town safe and protecting all of our residents. So, after great consideration, I have come to a conclusion."

The members wait in anticipation.

"I am inducting you all into the police academy," Boss says as many eyes widen. Chatter immediately sounds but Boss continues to speak and the commotion dies down.

"I know you will all make wonderful police officers when you finish and I cannot think of anyone better to induct," Boss says as he smiles. "Congratulations."

"Holy shit," Moose says, turning to Reed, Trip, and Gaze. "We're going to be police officers."

Reed grins widely at them. "This is crazy."

"I can't believe it," Trip says. "I'm sure it's going to be tough though."

"We've gone through tough shit before," Reed says. "I'm sure we'll be able to handle it."

The meeting ends there and the members leave with grins on their faces, excited to tell their loved ones about the news.

Trip waits for his brother to catch up to him outside and pulls him to the side.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Taylor," Trip says as he looks up at his brother. "It's because of you that I can achieve my dream and that I have met such amazing people."

Beck smiles at his little brother and ruffles his hair.

"Anytime," Beck says. "I'll always be here for you."

Trip quickly takes a step closer to his brother and wraps his arms around his back. Beck's arms instantly hug Trip tighter and he rubs Trip's back.

"Thank you," Trip says again.

Beck laughs.

"Don't thank me yet," he says. "We've got a lot of work to do now, you know."

Trip pulls away and smiles.

"I can't wait."

———
THE END
thank you all for reading this (:
go read Call Me Milo pls lol