xiv. finish

"e troppo basso." my dad argued as i stood at the bottom of the stairs, taking a spin to show my parents my outfit. i stood still in front of them as he crossed his arms over his chest, my mom walked over to me - picking up the bell sleeves of the dress, shaking her head to my dad.

"penso che sia bellissima

"penso che sia bellissima." she hugged my shoulders softly, leaving a wet kiss mark on my cheek. "proprio come i miei altri bambini." she added, opening the front door.

we drove down the street, pulling up to a tan building, with maroon colored hoods over the window. we all got out of the car and walked inside - a beautifully lit home styled restaurant. i watched as mr. polibio turned the corner, walking over to us with menus in his head, he let out a happy and loud "hey" as he always did. i scrunched my eyebrows to him with a smile, i turned to my mom as he began to walk us to a table.

"what is going on?" i questioned, taking a seat.

"he owns this place, mirna said to come by." i nodded, looking down at the menu mr.polibio handed out to us.

"if you need anything, i'm in the back." he rested his hands onto each other with a smile in reassurance before turning away, "i'll send our best this way."

i glanced around the restaurant before looking down at my phone to see if i've gotten any messages from mattia.

"hi! welcome to cucina 545, my names matti-." we turned our attention to the tall, dark haired boy dressed in all black that stood before our table. my eyes widened as he looked up at us from his restaurant notepad.

"cat got your tongue there, matti?" my dad questioned with a smile, holding his hand out for mattia to shake.

"mr. annd mrs. brooks, nice to see you."

"hi, mattia. you look so handsome!" mom said excitedly with a grin, he looked at us with an awkward smile before asking us each our drink choices. mattia walked over to my side of table, leaned down and wrote my pick down - he allowed a small piece of paper to slide onto the table from the notepad, he smiled at us and walked away.

'break in 15, meet out front." i srunched my brows at the paper, reading it privately before stuffing it into the side pocket of my purse. i watched as mattia came and went from table to table, i watched the clock like a hawk. 7:48 came around, i pushed my chair out to excuse myself. everyone at the table watched me in curiousity, "i, uh - restroom?" i blabbered before walking out the front doors of the restaurant, my eyes landed on a messy haired boy sitting on a bench. he stood to his feet, motioning me to the back of the restaurant.

"you no english?" i smiled, referring to his note. he smiled at my, leaning his back against the building side.

"ha ha, blair." he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "i was in a hurry."

"i make you nervous?" i took a step closer to him, he looked down at my face smiling. he shoved me gently, still smiling. "i like your dress."

"i like your waiter get-up." i tugged at the collar of his black shirt.

he tugged at the front part of my dress, pulling it out slightly - watching with wide eyes. i pushed him off, laughing.

"boobs." he stated, with a small smirk. i flared my nostrils and widened my eyes to him before shaking my head, pulling my dress up.

"don't start what you can't finish, waiter boy." he looked me up and down silently. a small smile tugged at his lips as he pushed me against the wall where he once stood. i hitched my breathing lightly as he moved swiftly, staring at me. he used his hand to tilt my chin up to him before he leaned in closely.

"matti! table! now!" a groggy voice yelled out from the door causing mattia to groan. he turned away with a smile, fixing his shirt. "we'll finish this soon brooks."

"i'd love to see you try, polibio."