xix. at blairs

the following weeks consisted of long nights, and days full of mattia - which wasn't something i could personally complain about.

its 11:30 on a saturday today, which means no work for mattia, which also means a guaranteed hang out.

but tonight was different. tonight, kairi suggested we go to a party. and of course - mattia was all for it, but i was the complete opposite.

"i won't know anyone!" i pleaded as he pulled my arm to make me follow him downstairs. i clenched onto the doorframe with one arm as he attempting to pull the other one.

"you'll know me." he stated, dropping my arm and taking my chin into his hands instead. "and kairi, and ale, and pinto." he listed off, his eyebrows raising with every name he said. "so let's go."

i sighed loudly, allowing mattia to lead me downstairs and into the car. we drove down the neighboring streets, pulling up to kairi's curb as mattia yelled lyrics to 'i can drive' by lil uzi vert. i watched two bodies run directly to car with two gigantic smiles on their faces. the backseat doors opened and the two boys slid themselves in side. mattia turned to look at them, rolling his shoulder out - imitating lil uzi.

"i can drive, yeah." he yelled loudly in unison with the song as i began to drive again, "drive it fast now."

"mattia, you can't drive though." i said to him as alejandro squeezes himself over the middle console to lower the volume.

"hi, b." alejandro said to me with a grin, taking a seat again.

"hey, a-."

"you can't call her that." mattia said, turning to face him with his arms crossed. "that's what i call her."

"hey, bb." kairi chimed in, causing mattia to shoot him a look.

mattia furrowed his brows to him, reaching over to smack his knee. "ow."

"you can't call her that either, that's what i call her."

"what the fuck am i supposed to call her then, muh-tea-yuh?"

as we approached the house, kairi suggested we park further down the street - so we did. we all exited the car together, and walked towards the house in a small group. the night air was chilly, and everything felt still.

as we got closer, mattia placed his hand on the bottom of my back.

"you don't have to." i said quietly as i looked up at him, okay debby ryan.

"we're here together, i'm going to." kairi swung the door open, groups of people were scattered amongst the living room with bottles and red-cups in their hands. the smell of smoke grew heavy as we walked deeper into the home. poorly placed LED lights were strung up on each wall, each room a different color. the boys walked through the house engaging in light conversation and hold their hands out for sloppy handshakes. it felt as though everyone you passed had the same question in their head - "who the fuck is she?"

once we made our way through the seas of bodies to the kitchen area, pinto began dispersing cups to the group, mattia still had his hand on my back. "you okay?" he looked down before leaning his tall body down slightly. i nodded in response, taking the cup from pintos hand with a smile.

kairi raised his eyebrows at me playfully from across the kitchen as i sipped from my cup. he squeezed himself around the people to stand beside me with a smile.

"i didn't think you'd be drinking tonight." he chuckled, speaking over the music loudly before drinking from his cup.

"me either." i stated back, turning to glance at mattia as his hand left my back. he held his finger up to me as someone gripped onto his wrist - pulling him.

"i'll be right back." he mouthed.

i turned my attention to kairi again, kairi motioned for me to follow him - leading me to the couch to sit with him and a couple other people in the living room. the room was way quieter than the kitchen, and was lit up with blue lights.

"do you know who mattia was going with?" i asked, awkwardly, reviving a scrunched facial expression from kai.

"it was probably ale," he shrugged, "but i'm not sure."

5 minutes passed, and mattia was yet to be seen. 5 minutes quickly turned it into close to 30 minutes and still no sign of mattia. kairi decided it wasn't worth waiting around for mattia so he pulled me onto my feet and outside to play beer pong.

"you can by my partner." kairi said, approaching the table where two tall boys stood, "y'all want to play?"

"is that mattia's uh friend?" the dark one said, placing his hand over his head.

"not yet." kairi responded, fixing the cups after winking at my playfully. "this is blair, she's from cali." i waved my hand at them with an awkward smile.

"that's roshaun, and robert."

the night seemed way better when i got my mind of off mattia - thanks to kairi, roshaun and robert. after a good while of playing and moving throughout the house, groups of people began to leave so kairi, roshaun, robert, alvaro and i decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to get away from the smoke filled house.

as we walked passed the houses, robert pointed out a small white dog walking. "guyyyysss. look." he pointed excitedly, bending down to touch the dog.

"robert bruh, don't touch that thing." roshaun shouted with raised eyebrows, watching him.

"let him do whatever he wants." kairi said in a high pitched voice. we all surrounded robert and the small dog as robert attempted to scratch the dog's head - getting interrupted by my phone going off.

"blair! what the fuck!" alvaro said, holding his hand over his hard as he planted nervously. i answered these incoming call, "hello?"

"where the fuck are you?" mattia said, sounding like he was out of breath.

"we're um on the street. why?"

"we have to leav-, just go to the car right now." he demanded before hanging up.

"he said we have to leave right now." i stated in confusion, watching as everyone looked around with puzzled looks.

"let's fucking go!" we all turned to the voice, spotting mattia running down the steps toward the car. we all began running to the car, bumping into other people running down the street from the house.

"what the fuck is going on?!" alvaro yelled as we all jumped into the car, the boys piling up in the back. i quickly grabbed the keys from my pocket and began to drive down the street. everyone in the car was panting heavily, and turning around to look at the house we were once partying at. i pulled into my drive way, after a few seconds everyone looked at each other and burst out in laughter.

"what even happened?" roshaun asked, fanning himself with his hand.

"pinto's parents said they were going to call the cops." mattia responded, pulling at his shirt in attempt to cool himself down.

the car was silent again, jungle by drake played softly throughout the car.

"well, looks like a sleepover at mattia's." kairi blurted, mattia shooo his head with a smile, turning to me.

"i'm sleeping at b's."

"no you are not." i argued, turning to him.

"am too. i already talked to ya mum." this caused a swarm of "ohhhh's" through the car. he shoved his phone into my hands, forcing me to read off messages between him and my mom.

"i'm sure blair told you but i'm taking her to party tonight and i wanted to know if i can stay over, of course you can, you can sleep in the guest room or you both can stay on the couch, sounds awesome, thank you so much." i read to myself all at once, shooting a glare at mattia.

"well, looks like a sleepover at blair's."