CHAPTER 1

The Year 2015

CORA'S POV

I'm sitting in my bed, sketching new jewelry designs. I need to get this done as soon as possible. I still have to follow the deadlines for the ten new designs that my customers have requested. I didn't work for the whole month, and this is why I haven't launched any new designs yet. It's all because of my soft side, which was overacting about that crappy break-up. Argh!!!

It ruins my day just thinking about it! But I'm not interested in worrying about it any longer. I wanted to be the master of my mind and control my emotions, but my mind seemed to be dominated by someone else. Tss!

"Cora!" My room was packed with the sound of Zella's voice. She didn't even knock at the door, she just walked in.

"What brought you here?" I asked in a regular tone, my gaze remaining fixed on the concept I'm working on.

"Sabihin mo nga sa'kin kung sa'n mo nahulog 'yong utak mo." Zella's brows are knit together when I look at her. "Hire you a gay boyfriend? For what purpose?" she inquired, a tinge of curiosity in her voice

I assumed she already did what I said. I'm guessing she's already on the lookout for interested gays online or in some other way she can think of! It's been an hour since I've told her about it, pero ngayon lang siya nagpunta rito para magtanong.

So, what did she do in that whole one hour? Thinking about where did I lose my brain and when she can't answer her own question she went here to ask me instead? Ugh!

I set down my sketchbook on the bedside table and focused on her. "I can't just lock myself away and sob over and over because Silver broke up with me. Hindi pwedeng ako lang ang nasasaktan, so I'd like you to hire me a gay boyfriend so I can begin my shocking vengeance," I replied with a radiant smile on my face

"Is it time for vengeance? Come on, Cora, that's way too immature!" She exclaimed, exasperated.

"Yes, it's immaturity on your part because it's not you who's in pain right now, it's me! And I'll only be satisfied if I've had my revenge and made him suffer," I said, pain and rage clear in my eyes as I spoke straight from the shoulder.

Suddenly, the whole room was deafeningly quiet. Then I stood up and gave her a hard stare.

"Now, if you can't do it, I'll handle it on my own. This time, I think you're useless,” I added.

I didn't mean to hurt her feelings; she's my best friend, after all, but she also disappoints me. Dapat naiintindihan niya ako dahil mag best friend kami, pero hindi pala!

"I'm sorry, Cora," she apologized as she took a seat next to me. "Don't put it on the internet," she continued.

She's referring to the 'Wanted: Gay Boyfriend A.S.A.P' I typed, which I don't want to share on my Facebook page. I'm simply attempting to strike her conscience.

"If you're planning a vengeful act, don't give anybody a single hint," she said.

That's exactly what I had in my mind. But, because she seemed so serious now, I decided not to say anything, fearing that it would aggravate her further.

"But, why do you want a gay boyfriend? Why don't you just want a straight guy so we can find one easily?" she suggested.

I gave a brief smile. "I've measured it several times in my head, Zel, and it would be more beneficial if I prefer Gay over a straight guy," I answered.