EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

JARED'S POV

“Hand me your résumé,” aniya at saka ako nilagpasan. She just went straight to her swivel chair and sat down.

I haven't seen Corazon for five years and yet it seemed she never aged. Flawless pa rin ang mukha niya kahit 29 years old na siya. Ang ganda-ganda niya pa rin kahit namomroblema siya sa kompanya niya. Clearly, she's a diamond that shines at every angle.

“Kailangan pa ba 'yon?” nakangiti kong tanong sa kanya.

She tilted her head to the side as she twirled a pen between her fingers. “You're an applicant, you supposed to have a résumé. Now, if you don't have any, then you can apply again on the next day.” Seryoso pa rin ang itsura niya kaya mas lalo akong natutuwa.

“But, I'm not here to apply as a Senior Accountant, Ma'am.” She lifted her well-groomed brow and I smiled ear-to-ear. “I'm here to apply as your Boo.”

She was silent for a moment before she swallowed hard and said, “B-Bu? Sorry, pero hindi wasak ang puso ko ngayon.” She shifted her gaze away from me. Her pretty face all in a flush!

I wanted to laugh out load! Naaalala niya pa rin pala iyon. How cute she is!

“But, it's Boo, Ma'am, B-O-O.” I spelled it out. She gave me a bemused look. “As in, your Boo—yfriend.” Her gray eyes grow bigger from surprise and stare deeply into my eyes.

Akala ko kinalimutan na ako ni Corazon at pati na rin iyong nararamdaman niya para sa akin. But three days ago, I talked with her siblings over the phone, and they told me about her ‘undying’ love for me.

Mabuti na lang talaga at napaka-active nitong si Rosa at nalaman agad kay Mona na nakauwi na ako ng Pilipinas kaya dali-dali niya akong kinausap. Sabi pa niya she was really hopeful for the whole five years. Umaasa siyang magiging kami pa rin ni Corazon hanggang sa huli.

“Ah, hindi po ba ako karapatdapat sa posisyon na 'yon, Ma'am?” I tried to pull a joke, but she just rolled her eyes at me. Ma-attitude talaga.

“Why do I have to hire you as my boyfriend?” mataray niyang tanong. Naku, she's really the boss here.

“Hmm, because I am the right man for you?” Napatango siya, but she seemed to be unsatisfied!

“And? Anything else?”

I softly chuckled. She was really not satisfied. “And, you love me. Ain't it enough reason for me to get hired, Ma'am?”

The corners of her mouth turned up in a hint of a smile. And after a few seconds, she finally paints a ray of sunshine all over her face. I saw her beautiful and contagious smile. The smile I've been wanting to witness again!

She stood straight and gestured me to get up as well. She steps forward closer and stopped when we were just inches away from each other.

I've also noticed one thing. Hindi na talaga tumangkad si Corazon.

She stared straight in my eyes again and said, “You're hired.” And with no second thought, I kindly pulled her closer in an embrace.

Damn! I missed her even more.

“I'm sorry if you had to wait for five long years, Corazon,” I whispered.

“It's fine, it's all worth it now,” she whispered back at me.

Bahagya akong nagtaka nang makita ang sekretarya niya. Akala ko ay kaming dalawa lang ni Corazon ang nandito, pero nakalimutan yata namin na nandiyan lang pala siya sa likuran at nakangiting nakatingin sa amin na animo'y nanunuod siya ng Koreanovela.