CHAPTER 23

SILVER'S POV

“GET OUT!!!”

I get on my knees, weeping. Hindi pwedeng mangyari ito.

“Please, Dahlia, let me explain,” I begged.

Umiling lang siya at bigla akong tinalikuran. Tumayo ako at hinawakan siya sa kamay, pero agad niya itong inalis. 

“Explain, what, Silver? I've read it all! Wala ka ng dapat pang ipaliwanag!” sigaw niyang muli.

Itinulak niya pa ako at bumangga ang likuran ko sa pintuan. Masakit, oo. Pero, mas masakit ang makita siyang umiiyak nang dahil sa akin.

She was about to hold the doorknob, para siguro tuluyan na ako palayasin, but I stopped her as fast as I can. “I'm sorry,” I said and sincerity is evident in my voice and in my eyes. 

She just smirks, but it was faded after a second. “You don't have to feel apologetic. I get it, Silver, once a cheater will always be a cheater!”

“I'm not cheating on you.”

“Yes, you are, so just please leave before I get violent.”

“Do it! If that will make you feel better.”

She shook her head in disbelief. “I should have never believed when you said you still love me. We were just in a relationship for two years before, but you and Cora were together for five years, alam kong siya pa rin Silver, you were just blinded of the idea that you still love me because I was your first love!”

I deeply closed my eyes. It was also what I've thought at first, but I was wrong. Now until I'm alive, I will only love her without any doubt at all!

I admit it was a mistake that I am texting with Cora and we're talking like how we used to be. Sending good morning down to good night every single day for two weeks. I also admit that I was confused between those two weeks, but I already stopped. My heart is really for Dahlia, not for any other woman nor Cora.

“How can I gain your trust again?” I asked when I get back on my senses.

“Me or Cora?”

Why the hell she has to let me choose when she knew it was her and only her?!

“You,” I replied without being hesitant.

“Then, marry me.”

The entire place filled with silence. Marriage was never on my dream list. Natatakot akong matali at magkaroon ng mabibigat na responsibilidad. But this is Dahlia, I love her and I don't want to disappoint her.

“I'll look for a job first—”

She cut my words and said, “Marry me.”

I nodded and beamed a smile on her. “I'll marry you,” I said, straight from my heart.

He looked at me and her tears started falling again. I pulled her and have her in my arms. I heard her cried even more. I smiled. I know for sure those were tears of joy.

Masaya ako. Masaya ako sa naging desisyon ko. This time, I had thrown the coward Silver. If I can only gain her trust through marrying her, I will do it. Kahit ano pa ang gusto niya, I'll follow it. I just can't imagine my life without Dahlia. She's my happiness, my companion, my everything. I believe God made us meet again because we're meant to be until the end.

FREIYA'S POV

“Bakla ka, umuwi ka na, ngayon na!”

Kakasagot ko lang ng tawag ni Cindy, pero iyan na agad ang sinabi niya.