CHAPTER 27

CORA'S POV

“Rosa told us everything.” Mama started as we went inside. That actually made me confused. “About your revenge, that Jared is gay and he's now courting you,” she continued.

Kinabahan ako bigla, pero pinilit kong hindi iyon ipakita. I'm afraid to hear the word ‘disappointed’ from her for the second time. Baka masira na naman kami ulit.

“I personally came here to ask you if those were real,” she uttered again.

I composed myself and manage to say, “Yes, totoo po 'yon.”

She expelled a long heavy sigh. “Corazon, won't you feel ashamed if other people knew that a gay is courting you?” she asked with her brows knit together.

“No,” I replied without missing a beat. “Ma, I don't care about them and their stupid judgments, so what if a gay is courting me? Ikakamatay ba nila 'yon?” I rolled my eyes in frustration. Importante ba talaga iyong judgment nila?! Tsk!

“Corazon, I'm just worried, baka hindi mo kayanin ang masasakit na salitang ibabato nila sa'yo.”

“Ma, can we set aside these matters? I mean hindi pa naman nangyayari, we ain't even sure kung mangyayari nga 'yan. But if you're really worried, then I am giving you the assurance that I'll remain standing even if millions of hatred and judgments will be thrown upon me.” A beaming smile spread across my face. “And, Ma, I won't be defeated again knowing that Jared is on my side.”

She took a deep breath and moved closer to take my hand. Feeling the warmth and softness of your Mom's hand is one of the best feelings ever!

She smiled radiantly, in a way I had not seen before. “All right, I guess you have decided to keep Jared in your side, and no one could change your firm and fixed decision, so just like what you're Papa said, we will just support you,” she said.

Nakakatuwa. I never expected to hear something like that from Papa, of all people. I feel so glad and grateful.

“So, I have to go, may kikitain pa akong amiga.” She gets up. But before she finally leaves, she hugged me—a very warm hug. “I also want you to be happy, Baby, so do everything that will make you happy,” she whispered softly against my ear.

I opened the door for her, but I am so surprised to see Jared outside. He smiled at me. His eyes rimmed bright red! Did he cry?

Mama lightly tap his shoulder and said, “You must take good care of Corazon all the time, and don't get failed to make her smile and laugh when she'll experience a downfall.” She then bid her goodbye afterward.

“Hey, did you cry?” I asked, but he just shook his head straight away.

“Namumula ba mga mata ko?” I nodded innocently in agreement. “High lang.” He let out a slight laugh. Tss.

“Baliw.” That was all I could say as I shook my head.

“Pinakain mo na 'yong pusa?” He went inside and looked for the kitten.

Tsk. Bakit kaya siya umiyak? Did he hear my conversation with Mama? Dahil ba sa mga sinabi ko kaya siya naluha?

“Cora, the kitten has been meowing, pakainin mo na 'to, I already prepared his food,” Zella said and gave the kitten to Jared.

We let Jaja eat. Mukhang gutom na gutom na nga siya dahil ang bilis niyang kumain. God! I'm sorry, little buddy!

“Ahh, Jared.” His attention swiftly shifted at me. “I'd talk with Gizelle, and about her offer, I haven't made up my mind yet, but I guess she knew something about us.” I glowered at him suspiciously. Mukha kasing sinabi niya kay Gizelle.