CHAPTER 14

TANYA'S POV

Suddenly, as we were enjoying our morning, Mama murmured in a dejected voice, “It's been five years since Corazon joined us in a meal.”

Her name has come up again! I'm going to lose my appetite soon, I can tell. It's a good thing I have almost finished eating.

I responded, “She's busy,” and Papa jerked his head twice. Despite the fact that they haven't been on good terms for five years, I can tell he still cares deeply about her brat daughter. “Alam mo na, masyadong nagdamdam sa breakup nila ni Silver kaya hindi nakapasok ng isang buwan sa trabaho,” I continued. 

“Who was around her when she was messed up after that failed relationship?” Papa questioned.

Tss, as though he's clueless. Alam ko naman na alam niya at alam niya rin kung ano na ang mga nangyayari kay Corazon. 

“Of course, none other than, her best friend, 'yong tinuturing niyang kapatid kaysa sa amin,” I replied. Mama looked at me as if I said something wrong. Ganyan naman siya lagi, palibhasa favorite niya si Corazon kahit disappointed siya sa anak niya at kahit hindi naman siya nirerespeto nito.

“Since we are her family, we ought to be supporting one another. After that breakup, she should have returned home so we could comfort her,” Papa said firmly.

I couldn't help it; I let out a little chuckle. Nagbago na talaga ang ihip ng hangin. Mukhang miss na miss niya na si Corazon. Tss!

“Pa, we had been warning her that her ex-boyfriend was a jerk but she didn't give a damn, so she must be ashamed when she discovered for herself that her ex was actually cheating on her. And knowing Corazon, she raised her pride to its highest point. Five years na nga siyang hindi umuuwi dito, 'di ba? So, don't anticipate that she would come right here after the breakup,” Rosa stated.

“But as her family, we should always be able to understand her,” he remarked, which caused me to smirk bitterly.

She made no effort to understand us, so we don't need to understand her as well.

Corazon has always been self-centered and a perfectionist, but ironically, she is not perfect at all.

And although our parents instilled in Corazon the importance of good manners and proper behavior when she was young, we are unsure of how or why she developed this attitude issue.

“Next Friday is my birthday, and I'm expecting everyone to be home,” he said in his most serious tone. He then stood straight and was about to leave the dining area when he turned his back again and looked at us, more specifically at Rosa and me. “So, starting today, convince your sisters, Paulie, Jannica, and Corazon to attend my special day,” he added that making us all perplexed. He then concluded by saying, “If your sisters won't be here on that day, none of you will be promoted.”

We exchanged startled glances. Nobody will get a promotion? That means Rosa might still be unable to serve as the company's controller, then. She will continue to work for the business as an accountant!

And me? I am still the CEO's secretary. Ugh! I'm becoming worn out! I want to take the presidency as quickly as possible.

Mama got up and flashed a quick smile. She was mindful that we dislike her favorite daughter. Tss.