CHAPTER 7

CORA'S POV

I was walking down the corridor when I noticed three of my employees in a serious meeting, and guess what? I am the main topic of their conversation.

My life is truly portrayed as a sleazy soap opera, which explains why everyone is so preoccupied with chattering about me that they didn't even notice my entrance. I took the lead and came to a halt behind them.

Employee 1 inquired, "Bago ka pa lang, di ba?"

"Oo," says the new employee.

Another woman's voice added, "Ngayon pa lang dapat malaman mo na na isang dragona ang boss natin." That was Employee 2, I guess.

"Bakit kaya gano'n siya?" inquired the new employee.

Employee 1 responded, "Ewan, basta kapag sinabihan mo siya na 'di siya maganda at matalino, o perfect, magagalit siya na parang wala na siya sa sarili. Nakakatakot!"

"Ha? Eh, maganda naman siya, pero nakita ko sa mga pictures na mas maganda ang mga—" she came to an end when I stamped my feet to command attention. This new hire has just stepped over the line!

With a smile on my face, I said, "Please continue speaking; no one would dare to interrupt you."

But she merely kept staring at the floor, motionless. I looked around at the other staff, and they were all staring somewhere else.

"Oh, hindi mo na kayang ipagpatuloy? Where's your confidence? Dali na, sabihin mo na habang mabait pa ako," muling usal ko.

Hindi pa rin sila natitinag at parang hangin lang ang kinakausap ko. The sigh of aggravation I released came out as a hiss.

"You are all aware that I despise comparing," I grumbled, then went on to say something else while pointing out the new hire. "But you dare to compare my beauty to anyone else's! Thank you, you've just wrecked my day!" My face darkened with bitterness, grief, and rage.

"M-Ma'am Cora, p-pasensya na po, hindi na po namin ito uulitin." Nakadikit pa ang mga palad niya at konti na lang ay luluhod na siya sa harapan ko.

"Get out of here!" I screamed at her, and she eventually kneeled. "I'm still going to fire you even if you cry blood and have a raspy voice begging for mercy!"

"Cora!" Zella appeared out of nowhere. She inquired, "Anong nangyayari?" When I caught her eyes, I could see the look of bewilderment on her face.

"Firing an insensitive employee," I said in a normal tone. Nasanay na ako na araw-araw may napapatalsik akong empleyado kaya normal na lang ang ganitong pangyayari.

"Kinompara ka na naman sa iba?" diretso niyang tanong.

"As usual." I sighed and rolled my eyes internally. I'm about to leave the scene and head to my office when Zella speaks again

"Cora, tigilan mo na 'to." I was truly taken aback by what she said. Nasanay na siya na ganito ako, kaya bakit niya iyan sinasabi ngayon?

My best friend is now attempting to prevent me from engaging in habitual behavior. Wow!

"No, she deserves to be fired," I said, clenching my teeth. When the new hire tears were running down her cheeks, a self-satisfied grin flickered across my full, red lips.