CHAPTER 10

CORA'S POV

My gaze was drawn to the people who were now engrossed in their conversations. I saw some of my previous classmates at a circular table, and some of them appeared to be living well, while others appeared to be in a bad situation.

May iba pang nandito na dala ang mga anak nila, ang iba naman ay buntis na, at syempre, may mga katulad kong single. I'm only in a phony relationship, but in reality,  I'm single and not ready to date.

"Cora." My gaze turned to Zella. "I'm truly afraid na makita si Aaron, I'm terrified to break my rule," she replied, sighing heavily.

I am stunned! Is she still in love with that man who misplaced his balls somewhere? That man who destroyed her heart because his mother disapproves of her? Damn!!!

"You have to socialize, Zella, and if you see Aaron again and your dumb heart beats for him, then you break your rule. You don't have to worry, I'm your best friend, and I'm always available to console you, pay heed to your dramas, and witness you get duped for the third time in three years," I said severely, even flashing her my finest smile!

"Hindi ko alam kung seryoso ka ba o sarcastic, eh," Freiya remarked, or should I say Jared? Or is it Bu? Sh*t! Whatever!

"Sorry, I'll do my best," Zella said as she led the way to her other friends. I'm hoping she'll still have a good time.

"Cora?" 

I turn around and look at the woman who has spoken my name. "It's you!" exclaims Melanie. She then pulled me across their table and said, "Kanina ka pa namin hinahanap."

She's Silver's friend, and as time passes, she's also become my friend. She was a fan of ours before and was very supportive of my relationship with Silver. Tss!

"CORA!"

When Trish, Glee, and Van spotted me, they all exclaimed. They were once my closest friends, and although we didn't meet each other often, we still regard each other as such.

Zella, on the other hand, isn't a high school friend; she's just a classmate with benefits. We became best friends when we were on the same block during our university years. I also studied BSN, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing, but after graduating at the age of 18, I opted to focus on starting a business. Alam ko kasing hindi ako yayaman sa pagtatrabaho lang, and since I'm talented in the arts, and it's my passion, so I've turned it into a profitable business.

"Hi!" I've greeted them all with a broad smile, including my ex and his new girlfriend.

Silver only gave me a fleeting smile, while his girlfriend, a.k.a. his first love, a.k.a. the snake, greeted me warmly.

"Oy, mukhang may bago na, ha? Pakilala mo naman," Van teased as he noticed Freiya, oblivious to the fact that Silver was nearby.

After hearing that Silver had cheated on me, they were furious, but since I was head over heels in love with him, I told them to let bygones be bygones and move on to the essential things. But now that everything has changed, it's fine that they don't hold a grudge towards Silver, but I can't seem to shake my resentment of him. Ano siya sinuswerte?!

"Ah, he's Jared, my boyfriend." Pormal ko siyang pinakilala at nagpakilala rin naman sila sa kanya.

I've noticed Silver eyed Freiya with a fair amount of discomfort, which wasn't surprising because I have anticipated it already. And, when it's time for them to shake hands, Silver's uneasiness is still evident.

Malaki naman ang ngiti sa labi ni Dahlia nang magpakilala siya kay Freiya. I know I'm better than this woman, but I really hate seeing her face. Tsk!

"Jared," nakangiting sabi ni Freiya kay Dahlia and they did a handshake. At ang bakla, pinahid ba naman agad ang kamay niya sa dala-dala niyang panyo!