Chapter 7

My eyes fly open as I launch my body upwards. Breathing heavily, I looked around the room with fear coated in my body. I let out a sigh in relief knowing that it was only a dream when I look to see Michael's back sleeping peacefully beside me. 

I slowly get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door and did my business then washed my hands in the sink, I couldn't get my mind couldn't stop thinking about it.  It was like, I can still feel him. As if he was here for real. The whole thing felt real. I could feel him touching me. The feeling of him causing me pain for when he used me. I hated every second of that nasty nightmare. I look at myself in the mirror and looked into my eyes. I could see everything playing in the back of my eyes like a movie as I started getting flashbacks from it. 

He sniffs my hair then lets out a breath of air causing it to hit my cheeks. 

He grabs my chin roughly, pointing the blade towards my mouth and screams in my face. "Shut the fuck up or you will lose your tongue!" 

That last thing that I can remember is the single tear that ran down Michael's cheek.

It all hits me like shock waves. The bite mark on my neck itched in irritation as if it felt his presence here too. The pain is unbearable to forget and I wish I could just forget about it. I try every single day! To put up this ok and happy wall. It's getting harder to pretend that everything's going to be fine. Harder to pretend what Reyes had done to me didn't affect me. I'm tired. Tired of living this life. 

I want to see him in pain. I want him to live through what I had to go through.  I'm not strong enough. I will never be strong because of him! As much as I love my daughter but I wasn't ready to be a mother. I couldn't take care of her and show her the love that she needs, and now... I have a newborn baby on the way! With Reyes still being out there, if he's still alive and he comes back to find out that his wife has cheated on his best friend and is carrying his friends baby, he would make sure that we wouldn't see daylight ever again till the day he kills us.

I had been snapped out of my thoughts when I heard banging on the door. causing me to jump.   I didn't realize how long I had been in the bathroom. I didn't take notice that I was still washing my hands under hot water until I felt a scalding pain shooting into my hands. "Teddy? Are you okay in there?" I immediately pulled my hands away from the hot water and attempted to dry my blistered red hands. I cleared my throat and blink away my tears. "Uh, yeah, I'm okay. I'm on my way out." I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it. 

Michael form stands in front of me, looking down at me with concern written on his face. His brows furrowed as his eyes made his way down to my hands. Michael opens his mouth in shock and grab ahold of my burnt hands looking back up to look at me. "What happened to your hands?" 

I shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't tell him about the nightmare. I don't want him to think that I'm crazy. I also didn't know what to say. "What does that mean? That you don't know? Or it's not a big deal? Teddy, something going on, please talk to me." 

"What do you want me to say, Michael?" I said softly. "I really don't want to talk about it." I pulled my hands away from his and walked over to the bed. I crawled into bed with my knee pulled up to my chest and my head on my knees. I heard a sigh as Michael walked away. I knew he wouldn't have cared. He probably thinks that I'm a broken chess board with all the missing pieces. Something that he doesn't want to clean up. With a sigh, he walked away. I didn't want to lift my head up to look so I kept my head in my knees.

I sniffled as tears started to pour out of my eyes like a waterfall. I'm alone to deal with the thoughts by myself. It feels like I'm in war with myself. Like I have all these friends that I consider family and Felicity and yes, I'm happy around them but it seems like deep down no one knows how truly unhappy I am. I can feel myself slowly drifting into the darkness, fading away. Becoming numb. 

Suddenly, something pulled me back from my dark thoughts, I felt a hand touching my hands, causing me to flinch a little. I looked up from my knees and see Michael with a medkit pulling out a tube of burn cream ointment some galls to wrap around my hands with and went to work. I stared at him as he slowly work at my hands. He looked calm and gentle with my hands as if he is afraid that I was about to break any moment. 

His dark brown hair grew into long curly locks behind his ear. His cheeks were sunk in making his jawline is as sharp a knife and can cut you if you were to touch him. His nose is slightly big but not too big which didn't look bad on him. He had a beauty mark that I never took notice before at the tip of his nose. I found insanely sexy. 

I'm not really into men with brown eyes but when it comes to him. His eyes reminded me of a nice cup of hot coffee in the mornings. I can't help but to shiver-in a good way when he eats me up with his eyes. My eyes travel farther down his face. His lips... Oh, boy. They look so soft and had a slight rosy tint to them. I took notice of the way he sticks his dark pink tongue out as he worked on my hands or something other than my hands. The dark-grown in mustache made him look a lot older than what he looked like when I first met him. I couldn't help but laugh when I remember how he met me. They stuck into the room the few nights after Reyes kidnapped me just to meet me. How I fell into his arms and he caught me. 

How he fought Reyes and took in a few hits for me. 

The way we made love and the way he treated me like a queen.

I can feel myself falling. Not what I felt like a few minutes ago but now... I feel myself falling for Michael. 

"Teddy, your hand is done." 

Make sure to follow, share, comment, and vote

Have a good day or night

Grimmy_Black

Luv ya