𝟏: 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝.

I CANNOT UNDO
WHAT I HAVE DONE;
I CANNOT UN-SING
A SONG THAT'S SUNG.

-Lang Leav

➪ "We're almost done here

➪ "We're almost done here..." the young man spoke to his senpai. The older female who stood before him looked across and through the window of the ballroom filled with the wealthy. She smirked as she took a glance at her smartwatch.

"2 minutes and 38 seconds... Begin the heist, Ryouta. Don't forget the escape route." she ordered the man now known as Ryouta. He replied with a faint yes and got to work.

He pulled out a laptop from the leather suitcase he held in one hand. Putting it on one of the rocks that was on the abandoned building they were on top of, the assistant began hacking into the secret bank accounts and transaction history of the target who was inside the ballroom.

The reddish ebony haired woman leaned down to get the M14 rifle she always carries around. She had already loaded it with bullets. Adjusting the rifle on the edge of the roof, she aimed towards the target as she laid on the ground.

Just as planned, the target strode over to the window she was aiming at. Just as the clock struck 9 pm, she pulled the trigger.

A loud bang resonated throughout the area. Panic erupted inside the grand hall as the target was shot down with a bullet through the head. She could make out blood pooling under the now dead body.

Satisfied with her work, she pulled her eye away from the scope.

"Alright, we're done. Neat and--"

Something cold was touching the back of her head. She frowned as her happy gaze turned into a glare.

"What the hell are you trynna pull, Ryouta?" the name rolled off her tongue dripping with venom. She turned around and now there was a gun to her forehead.

The man in front of her showed indifference. His cold, seemingly empty eyes looked down at her with treason.

"I am doing what is best for both you and me." he exclaimed. Before he could pull the trigger, she grabbed her weapon and pushed herself off the building. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to fully dodge it, as he shot her leg.

That fucking traitor! I'll kill him! I'll kill him! I'll kill him! I will fucking kill him!!!her mind raced. He was a close assistant of hers that she had trained with her own hands. To think that her own creation would betray her... It made her blood boil with rage.

The night breeze was cold against her figure as she fell from the top floor of a 4-story building. Everything passed in slow motion.

Ah... I'm going to die, aren't I?

Such a waste that was... If only I hadn't trusted that fucker...

Her eyes widned a bit as she realized. That's not how the old Ryū Chieko would think. The old her would've done something in order to survive. After all, it was survival of the prudent in this world.

She twisted her body to face down and looked down with squinted eyes. That's when she realized she was falling into a tree. Lucky.

Once she was close enough, she got ahold of one of the branches with her free hand and dangled off it a bit.

It hurt like hell!!

Her right shoulder was surely dislocated by now, but that was irrelevant. She needed something to null the impact of her fall, so she wouldn't be squashed into a pool of flesh and blood.

She fell to the ground with a loud thud. Blood oozed from her bullet-wounded leg, and several other places, as she had scraped herself with the tree branches.

"Ha... Haha.... Hahahaha..." she slowly laughed manically. "I... I survived... Haha, I did it..." she smiled widely as she looked up into the sky that was luminated by the blue moon.

How about that, Ryouta? she inwardly snarled. She started loosing consciousness from blood-loss.

With her rifle still in one hand, she tried to propell herself up, but failed miserably as both her hands were broken.

That's when she heard footsteps coming towards her. She slowly turned her head to the side, only to spot a pair of expensive black oxfords coming her way.

"How frustrating it is to find you here of all places, Miss Rose Killer." a familiar yet distant male voice spoke.

She looked up at his face to confirm if it was who she thought it was. "Ah... So it is you..." she muttered before losing consciousness.