𝟕: 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.

YOU GOT A LOT OF NERVE
BUT NOT A LOT OF SPINE

-Bring Me the Horizon

The following day...

After Kato Haru fell into the river, he didn't see Chieko again. She vanished with the Kambe Daisuke man he previously met.

Chieko and Daisuke made their way to their new office. The Metropolitan Police Department's Modern Crime Prevention Headquarters.

The two enter the elevator. "I still don't understand why I'm following you around as your so-called bodyguard! For what reason did you even go through that damn training if you were going to just hire me as your bodyguard, Shittysuke?!" the girl complained as she stood behind the man. A ding sound came from the speaker on the wall, indicating that they have reached their destination. Daisuke didn't reply as he  stepped out, his 'bodyguard' following him. The devilish smug smirk returned to his face,

"Who knows?" he replied as they made their way to the office room. Chieko clicked her tongue, hands crossed over her chest, and a scowl on her face.

Daisuke clicked open a door which had a sign that read 'Modern Crim Prevention Task Force' next to it. They entered the room and closed the door behind them. The setting was dark and there were alligned office desks in the middle of the room. There was also a little space with 2 sofas which seemed to be the eating area.

It seemed like everyone was already here and they were a tad bit late.

Chieko's eyes immediately met a pair of golden orbs exactly like hers. She smirked widely at Haru.

Eyes wide and mouth agape, he let out a small gasp of surprise as he spotted the iconic duo.

"Ooh! You're finally here!" a sturdy man, who was the chief, stood up from his seat and smiled at them. "This is Mr. Kambe Daisuke and his bodyguard Ms. Ryū Chieko. From today on, they're our colleagues. He's from that famous Kambe family. These two recieved special training in the UK..." he babbled on and on. Daisuke's eyes wandered around, observing the people in the room, while Chieko's were glued to a certain taupe-haired man.

Once, they were finished with the introductions, Daisuke decided to go to the roof for a smoke. Chieko had to follow, being the bodyguard and all.

Just as they were walking towards and onto the helipad, Haru yelled after them,

"Oi, Chieko!" he called. Chieko looked back at him and a giant smile plastered onto her face.

"Ah! Haru-Nii!!" she excitedly cried.

"A word?" the man grumbled. "But before that... what the hell do you want?" he questioned Daisuke.

"What are you referring to?" the man in question replied as he glanced back at him.

"That's not how a police officer should act. We're not super heroes. We're not invincible." he glowered as he clenched his fists. Daisuke looked him in silence, as if he was trying to understand what Haru wanted. After a second, he replied.

"I get it. Name your price." the smug look on his face returned.

Haru looked dumbfounded as he stared at him. After processing what he meant, he grit his teeth and ran towards the two.

"You jerk!!" he yelled, fist hunched back, a punch aiming at Daisuke.

This is where Chieko comes in. Just as Haru was pushing his fist towards her boss, she got ahold of it and shifted behind him. Pushing him on his back, she pinned him to the ground. Although Haru tried to get her off, he was pinned immobile.

"Ara, ara~ I can't let you do that, Haru-Nii. You said you wanted to talk, so let's go ahead, yeah?" Chieko politely spoke, unlike her usual foul-mouthed confident self.

"You know him?" Daisuke asked as he took a drag from his cigar.

"Oh! You don't know, right?" She stood up from Haru and pulled him up with her. The man glared daggers at Daisuke. "This is my biological brother, Kato Haru. Though, I haven't seem him for almost 10 years up until now." she chuckled. "Well, if you'll excuse us, Damnsuke, let us have a little sibling reunion." she smiled as she got ahold of her sibling's arm.

"O-Oi, hold on!" Although, Haru tried to get her off him, her grip was too strong for him to overwhelm.

Once they reached the more remote part of the rooftop, they stopped to have a chat.

Chieko stopped in her tracks and let go of his wrist. She turned back to look at him.

"Well, it has been--"

Before she could even finish one sentence, Haru wrapped his hands around her.

His embrace felt warm and secure. It was tight, but not suffocating. Chieko's heart clenched as she heard him silently weep into her shoulder.

Without holding back, they cried in each other's arms.

ɪᴍᴍᴀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴛʜɪs ʜᴇʀᴇ

ɪᴍᴍᴀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴛʜɪs ʜᴇʀᴇ. ɪᴛs ʀʏᴜ ᴄʜɪᴇᴋᴏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ sᴛʏʟᴇ.