𝟐: 𝐩𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞.

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU
MAKES YOU WISH YOU WERE DEAD

-Bring me The Horizon

➪ The aching of her head was unbearable as she opened up her eyes. Chieko realized she was in an unfamiliar setting.

She immediately raised up from the awfully giant bed she was in.

Shouldn't have done that. She lowly growled in pain as her fresh wounds reacted to the sudden movement.

That's right... he found me... she thought to herself as she looked around the room.

The room was enormous. With classy settings and fancy decorations. The chandelier hung from the cieling, the vase on top of the fireplace, the modern set of a small living room in front of her... No doubt about it, she was in Kambe Daisuke's manor. After all, he saved her the previous night.

She realized that she was in an oversized button-down white shirt.

Her chest and stomach was all bandaged up as well as her leg. The dislocated shoulder was put back to place and her broken arm was in a cast. Everything was done neatly.

Just then, the door clicked open. An elderly woman dressed in a maid's uniform entered the room and spotted that Chieko was awake. She held folded clothes and a crutch in her arms.

"Ah, Miss, you're awake." she bowed slightly. "I'm Saiko, the head maid. Let me help you get dressed." she said. Chieko slowly nodded as she sat up on her bed and dangled her legs off on one side.

The older woman helped her get dressed. As she was helping her with her shirt, Chieko asked,

"I'm in Kambe Daisuke's manor, right?" she wanted to confirm. Saiko smiled at her.

"Yes, miss."

"Where is that shit-face then?" Chieko grumbled as she insulted the man they spoke of. The maid sweatdropped as she laughed nervously.

"He's actually been waiting for you to wake up." she mentioned. Chieko nodded as she furrowed her brows, wondering what the hell he wanted from her again.

Once the maid finished dressing her, she got the girl a crutch, since she had injured her leg.

"The bullet went straight through your calf's muscle. But luckily it didn't hit any vital points. Once it's healed, it'll be as good as new." she beamed at the guest. Chieko nodded as she stood up, putting the crutch under her right shoulder which was dislocated. But luckily, it was put back together and everything seemed great.

"So where's Kambe Shittysuke, again?" she asked. "You said he was waiting for me?"

"Oh yes. I'll help you there."

The kind old woman helped Chieko down the hall. A few turns here and there, and they reached another room in the mansion.

Saiko knocked on the door three times. "Master, the guest has arrived." she said.

"Come in." that familiar voice came from the other side. The maid pushed open the door and let Chieko in. She strode in slowly, her hands still not used to the crutch.

She stood in the middle of the room. It seemed like she was in Daisuke's office. "I'll be leaving then." Saiko left, closing the door behind her.

The man with black hair and silver blue orbs stared back at me with an indifferent expression. He was sat atop an office chair with a neatly cleaned table in front of him.

They stared at each other, as if the one who looked away would lose. "Why don't you take a seat?" he pointed his hand towards the sofa in front of Chieko. She didn't reply and only glared. Daisuke sighed and stood up from his office chair. He walked over to one of the armchairs and took a seat there.

"I want to discuss something with you, Miss Rose Killer." he started. "It may take a while, so I suggest you sit down... with that injury of yours."

Chieko went to sit across from him. Putting the crutch beside her, she struggled as she sat down. Once she got comfortable enough, she spoke up.

"Why the hell did you save me, Diesuke?" she forced a smile.

"Actually, I heard you would be attending the ball from last night, so I went there. And you know what happened afterwards." that smug look on his face didn't sit well with her. Specially that smirk.

"Ah... You must've seen the rose, huh?" she sighed as she slumped back into the seat.

"Anyways, I'm here to offer you a deal." he continued to smirk, mischief evident in his eyes. "I heard... you always pay back to those who save or help you." he started. Chieko didn't like where this conversation was going.

"Fine. How much?" she asked, clearly unaware of the man's balance. And oh boy was that the wrong question to ask.

"Your life."

EEHH?! I would've rather died than give my life to Shittysuke!!