𝟖: 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬?

SHE WORE A SMILE LIKE A LOADED GUN.

-Atticus

➪ "Heusc, get me information on Kato Haru and his family

"Heusc, get me information on Kato Haru and his family." the man in black ordered.

Although he convinced himself Chieko's past wasn't any of his business, he was still curious. He only knew her as the notorious Rose Killer, not her as herself. As Ryū Chieko... Well, Kato Chieko?

That's when it clicked. She must've changed her last name. And she also mentioned something about 10 years ago.

"Heusc, also find out what happened to the Kato family 10 years ago." Daisuke ordered.

"My apologies, there were no information on the Kato family from 10 years ago...

Here's a file on Kato Haru, older brother of Kato Chieko. Would you like to see it?" the artificial butler spoke.

"Proceed later. Now, show only information on Kato Chieko." he replied.

"Kato Chieko. Status: unknown, presumed dead. Youngest of the Kato family.

At the age of 12, she went missing and was never found. Her case was redeemed unsolved and put aside, everyone presuming she was dead. Nobody knows how and when exactly she disappeared."

Daisuke hummed as he processed the information in his head. "Heusc, show me Rose Killer's file." he ordered.

"Rose Killer. Status: Missing In Action. Female SS rank Sniper and Assassin in the underground. In her early to mid-twenties. Known for leaving roses by her targets before their death. Had an assistant named Ryouta. Ever since their latest mission, they have both gone missing.

Background: She appeared out of nowhere around 5 to 6 years ago. Some say she is affiliated with the Italian Mafia, Cosa Nostra. Nobody knows her real identity except you, young master."

Daisuke sighed as he closed the files.

More than three different identities, huh... What a troublesome assistant I hired... he chuckled to himself.

Sometime later that day, Daisuke met up with the Kato siblings back in the office. That's when Haru mentioned going to the theft prevention program, so he followed him there.

The program went on until evening and once they were done, they made their way home.

"Ugh, I'm so tired..." Haru groaned, holding a box full of merch. Daisuke followed behind him, holding two bags. Chieko was also there, walking closely behind.

That's when they witnessed two street hooligans trying to perform what seemed to be a comedy. Haru stopped to watch while the other two advanced.

"Let's go." Daisuke spoke as he noticed that his co-worker stopped. Chieko looked back at Haru.

"Go back first." the latter spoke. "Those two are trying to make a living." he said.