𝟏𝟏: 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝.

A BRUISE IS TENDER
BUT DOES NOT LAST,
IT LEAVES ME AS
I ALWAYS WAS.

-Lang Leav

➪ Chieko entered the office room and went to sit on the desk she was assigned to

➪ Chieko entered the office room and went to sit on the desk she was assigned to. Daisuke had gone to the roof for a smoke and told her to go to the office. Which was unlikely of him, but she didn't complain. She realized she was a tiny bit late and mostly everyone was in.

The case with Umezu was taken care of without interference and everything was back to normal.

"Hmm, since you're here as extra help, why don't you work on another case to be a bit more productive, since things are pretty slow around here?" the chief Kiyomizu spoke up at the girl.

"Oh, sure." she smiled.

"Here's a case file that's been active as of late." he handed Chieko a document placed inside a brown seal. The girl thanked him and took the case file and went back over to her seat.

She opened up the slim brown folder to see what was inside. There was a stamp which said 'classified' on it.

Case number 57, classified?...

"Chief, is it really okay for me to look at this? It says classified on the folder." the girl spoke up, knowing that showing classified information to assassins was well, morally forbidden! But they didn't know that she was one.

"Yeah, yeah. You're Kambe's personal assistant and bodyguard and all." the sturdy man chuckled as he waved her off. She skeptically nodded and looked over it again.

'THE ROSE KILLINGS' it read on the top. Rose, yes it said rose. Her eyes widened as the fingers that held the paper trembled.

"It can't be..." she whispered to herself as she slowly opened the folder. Suspense was killing her from the inside, her heartbeat had picked up pace and the palms of her hands were sweaty. If she were to investigate herself, wouldn't that just be ironic?

She pulled out the next folder inside which had the mark 'crime scene' on it.

The first random crime scene she picked from the few papers, was the assassination of a woman who came from the 'high society'. Information about the woman was irrelevant, as to what mattered the most was how she was murdered.

Chieko's eyes scanned over the paper hastily and her gaze landed on the 'notes' part.

Notes: A red rose was left by the bodies in every crime scene. The wounds were all directed towards the heart. Most likely shot from a long range. The bullets were all found inside the body.

"Umm, chief, when did these occur?" she asked.

"About 4,5 months ago, I think." the man replied absentmindedly, not really showing much care.

Chieko calmed down slightly. This obviously wasn't from one of her jobs, but it sure was similar to her traditional way of taking down her targets. Awfully similar to it.

After a short while, the last to arrive was Daisuke. Once he arrived Haru pulled him outside to talk to him. Although Chieko stood up to follow him, Daisuke motioned her to stay back. So she rose a brow in a questioning manner, but the man ignored her and left with her brother.

She shrugged him off and continued to look into the case. Most information about the culprit was very vague.

Chieko feared that this may be Ryouta's doing, but she subconsciously reassured herself that it could be anyone.

Yeah... He wouldn't waste his time like this! He got all the money and data he needs which he stole from me on our last mission...This could be anyone... her mind kept reassuring her to keep her from going out of control with rage.

"Chieko-chan, would you like some candy?" her pink haired colleague offered her a bag of gummy bears. Chieko who had a sweet tooth, graciously took a piece and put it in her mouth. She thanked Saeki and went back to look into the file.

What the hell is going on in the underground in my absence?... I need to take care of this matter...

Abruptly standing up from her chair, she advanced towards the exit. "Chief, I'm not feeling well, so I will be taking today off. Please do tell Kambe-san for me." She stormed out before anyone could question where she was going.

The clicking of her heels echoed as she moved quickly out the front door. The girl grabbed a cab and told the driver her destination. The old man who was behind the steering wheel glanced questionably at her through the rear mirror. It was reasonable. Why would such a nicely dressed woman go to such a shabby part of town?, was probably what he thought.

Chieko had been doing some individual research since her arrival here in Japan. You know, just in case a certain shit-ass decided to abandon her.

She had located where most illegal activities happened and where the top dogs of the underground gathered. So, today, she was heading for a place called the 'Fleeting Islands'.

It was a small bar downtown. Yakuza executives, mafia underbosses, S rank criminals and such gathered in this place to let go of their heavy burdens for a day. The bar even harbored a small casino and a strip club.

But all that wasn't any of her concerns, because she needed to find an information broker. And the only place she were to have some luck finding one would of course be the Fleeting Islands.

She better start now, and hastily get to work. Before the mystery assassin could tarnish her name and frame her with more crimes to expose her.

Time was of the essence.

so, i focused more on chieko and the plot in this chapter. all these rose killings stuff was supposed to happen way further into the story, but i guess i had no choice but to write it here because i lacked so much content. anyways, hope yall enjoyed. i guess the next update will come in july~ cya then~ ;((