𝟑: 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧.

THIS RESTLESS URGE,
       AND ALL IT BRINGS,
       TO BE SOMEONE
       TO DO SOMETHING.

-Michael Faudet

➪ She sat with a scowl etched across her face

➪ She sat with a scowl etched across her face. "I am not paying you with my life." she growled.

Ryū Chieko lived by only one motto. That was 'Pay back those who help and save'.

Since Kambe Daisuke saved her life last night, she had to pay him back somehow. But it only made sense that she paid by giving him her life. If he hadn't saved her, she would've bled out and died.

"Hear me out. It's a good deal." he smirked. Chieko reluctantly stayed quiet, letting him continue. "You become my manager. I help you get back at the man who betrayed you."

Now he caught her attention. She almost forgot about Ryouta.

Chieko was the type to bear grudges. And bore a deep grudge against Ryouta by now. The burning sensation of rage boiling in her blood was still fresh. And honestly, Daisuke's deal was good enough for her.

She stared at him as he waited for her to answer. Reluctantly, she rose 2 fingers at him. "2 days. I need to think things over." she said.

The man in front of her chuckled slightly before standing up. "Stay here for the time being then." he replied shortly after. Chieko nodded and stood up. She left his office and made her way back to her room. She had memorized the way she came, so she wouldn't get lost.

Arriving back at the guests' room, she plopped herself onto the bed.

"Argh!!" she groaned as she ruffled her head, making a mess of her hair again. "That guy is never giving up until he gets me on his side, huh?" she deadpanned. Eventually, she fell asleep thinking of one hundred ways to break Ryouta's bones.

The two days passed by fast and Chieko had made her decision. Her smaller injuries were starting to close up.

"So?" Daisuke asked as he sat there on his office chair, looking at her expectantly.

"I'll make the deal. Under one condition." she said. The man remained silent to let her continue. "I want you to cover up my background." He rose a brow at her in question. She sighed. "Might as well start fresh if I'm going to work for someone like you. With the crime records I have, I find myself not suitable for the job as manager. So, I want you to cover up my background as an assassin, and let me start fresh. I want to abandon the name Rose Killer." she explained. "Let's just pretend she died that night."

The smug look on Daisuke's face returned. "HEUSC, clear up the Rose Killer's background and spread news that she's been found dead." he spoke. Chieko wondered who the hell he was talking to but decided to remain silent.

"Alright then. I already have the contract ready. Please sign here after reading." he handed her a reasonable amount of paperwork. She nodded and sat down as she flipped over the pages.

Monthly salary, where I need to be and what I need to do... Everything is here. She thought to herself as she read it over. After a good five minutes of getting to know the details of the contract, she was satisfied with it. Heck, Daisuke was even paying her.

It was lucky that she worked as a manager for a mob boss in her early days. Or else, she wouldn't know shit, hence she might've gotten scammed.

She signed her name on the paper and handed it back to the other party. He looked at it, "Ryū Chieko?" he questioned.

"My given name. Call me Chieko or Ryū from now on." she said.

"Well then. I would like to get straight into the process of making you the perfect manager. First you'll need to heal those nasty wounds." he pointed at her injured and bandaged figure. She sighed.

"Yessir."

Now her fate laid in the hands of Kambe Daisuke. She was fully at his disposal.

And that is how our partnership began...