𝟏𝟐: 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓,
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐎𝐃.

-𝐈𝐳𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

➪ The old wooden door to the bar creaked open as the bells chimed, letting everyone know a new customer had just entered.

"Welcome to Fleeting Islands!" a girl chirped from behind the deck. She seemed quite young. Maybe, too young.

Ah, who gives a shit about who works here and whatnot... The mission at hand is important... Chieko thought to herself.

"Kamikaze, with cane sugar." she said to the bartender and went to sit on a stool at the end of the long bar deck.

Although there weren't many people besides her in the facility, she could feel someone's eyes following her every move. Indeed, as she turned her gaze to the table at the very left corner, her eyes met a pair of familiar ruby orbs.

"Kamikaze with cane sugar." the bartender placed her order in front of her and proceeded with their job.

Chieko smirked and nodded as she tore her gaze away, taking a big gulp from her drink.

Not so shortly after, the man with ruby eyes came to sit beside her. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here, Chie-chan~." he mused.

"Why of course, Izaya Orihara." she shortly replied.

"Weren't you supposed to be in England? With your sugar daddy?" the playful smirk which was oh-so-familiar to the woman was evident on his face.

"Weren't you supposed to be in Ikebukuro? Playing god?" she replied as she mirrored his expression.

"Touché." Izaya laughed. With another big gulp, Chieko finished her drink, leaving an empty glass.

"Well, that aside, I actually came here to ask around for you. But lucky for me, you're here yourself." Her tone changed from playful to serious. He knew she meant business and stayed silent to hear her out. "I need to ask you for a favor."

"And what would that be?" Izaya lifted a brow as the glint of mischief returned to his ruby orbs.

"Can you find someone for me? His name is Ryouta. Tachibana Ryouta, in his early 20s. Ashen blonde hair and blue eyes. I believe he's half French." she described. "Can you please... please track him down for me?" she begged.

Izaya had no reason to refuse her. No, he had no right to refuse her. After all, she saved his god forsaken life right when he was on the brink of death.

Without saying anything to complain, which was unlike him, Izaya simply replied, "Sure." with a wide smirk plastered across his face.

Relieved that he didn't ask for anything, Chieko softly smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you." she said.

The whole afternoon the two of them sat there and talked and talked and talked. They chimed about the old days when they first met and even conversed about what had been happening over the past few years they haven't seen each other.

Chieko told Izaya about how she had decided to walk away from her life as an assassin. And even told him as to why she decided that, how Ryouta betrayed her, and where Daisuke found her.

"That bastard has a shit ton of money! Yet he never even bought me a proper suit for my job!" she complained. Izaya laughed hearthily as he wiped his tears of joy.

"Ah~ I really do want to hear more about your adventures, but I have to go meet Awakusu-Kai's executive. If you don't mind, we can meet up again later to discuss more about your little assistant." Izaya suggested. The woman happily nodded as she gathered her belongings.

"Well then, I won't keep you late, Izaya. Go on ahead." she smiled.

"I'll see you around~" he mused before closing the door behind him and leaving.

Chieko payed for her drink, and left not so long after. By then, it was already past 7 in the evening. She believed that Daisuke would be home and so she took a cab and drove off to the Kambe manor.

"I'm back." she announced as she entered the gigantic building which she now called home. It was quiet and nobody was around to be seen. Asuming that the Kambe was probably in his study, she decided to take a trip to the basement.

"What a long day..." she mumbled as she reached her own small room in the laboratory. She took out her rose rifle. The little small scratches here and there reminded her of the old days, when she used to run around killing rich people for money.

Chieko softly grazed her fingers along the tip, a small smile upon her lips.

"Do you miss it?"

i'm back... is all i hv to say... sry for taking so long ehe