Chapter 27

My dad's zanpakuto reached the hollow's head with a slice. The hollow howled and tripped backwards "Dad please be careful" I shouted up to him "It's alright I got this" he said holding mum in one arm and hitting the hollow from behind with a second attack.The hollow then began to vanish but it wasn't defeated "You'll regret this" the hollow shouted and then it was gone my dad jumped down from the house roof with mum still in his arms "How is she" I asked worriedly "She's fine she just needs some rest that's all after I put mum to bed I want to talk to you about the gem" he said carrying mum on his shoulder and walking into the house.

"Wow your dads awesome" Orihime shouted. I felt Ulquiorra's arms around me I then turned to him "What is it" I asked "I still find it hard to believe when you smashed the gem your body some how absorbed the power inside" Ulquiorra said. "Are you saying I absorbed the power but I didn't even know it was happening" I asked confused "Maybe the gem was made for you because your body reacted with it when you threw it" Ulquiorra said. "Ray come in now" my dad shouted me "Well I guess I better go and see what he wants" I said quickly pecking Ulquiorra's lips and then walking into the house.

Me and my dad walked into the living room and I sat opposite him on the green chairs. "So you wanted to talk about the gem" I asked "It goes way further than that" he said "Back to what" I asked "When me and your mother first met" he said. "But what's that got to do with the gem" I asked confused "Just listen" he said "Alright" I said.

" I use to be a soul reaper in the soul society" he said "I must say I was shocked when you first told me you were a soul reaper" I said. "I was a captain but I wasn't in a squad because back then I believed I was a lot stronger than the other captains" he explained I just began to laugh I couldn't imagine my dad being a really strong captain. He began to grow annoyed and then sighed I then stopped laughing. "One day I was assigned to kill hollows you know the usual but that day was different" he said looking at his hands "You met mum right" I asked "After I was done with the hollow I saw it the most beautiful black hair blowing in the wind and ever since that day I'd secretly follow her" he said.

"Dad your a stalker" I said laughing. "She'd always go to the beach alone but I couldn't bring myself to go and talk to her" he said "That's so cute" I said "The day I finally talked to her was a dark misty night she was sat on the beach alone she didn't seem scared that a total stranger had just approached her and after that day we'd always meet up on the beach I began to look forward to those meetings" he said smiling the smile on his face showed happiness and I had never seen him smile like that before.

"The day finally came I had to return to the soul society but I refused to go I was soon enough punished because I wanted to stay in the human world and I was granted that but I was now banished from the soul society but it didn't really matter to me" he said "So how come your still a soul reaper then" I asked confused "Well I still had my soul reaper powers so I decided to use them to kill any hollows for awhile that was your mother never did like the idea it always frightened her" he explained.

"I knew that when I first showed I could grow plants you took it so well but mum she fainted in shock poor woman" I said laughing. "A few years past and she fell pregnant with you we decided to call you Ray" he said smiling "I always hid my power because I thought I people would be scared of me" I said "You have your mothers long beautiful black hair" he said "Really you think so this mop" I said pulling a strand of hair away from my face.

"I saw what happened when you threw the gem your body some how absorbed the power from it" he said "Well the gem was full of spiritual pressure from the mod soul Rin and he could control plants also I think it might me part of me now" I said "Why don't you try growing some plants" he said. I closed my eyes and held out my hands I opened my eyes to see plants sprouting everywhere all over the room "Wow this is totally awesome I just need to learn how to control it better" I said "One more thing your hair its green" he said "Well Ulquiorra wasn't lying about that one" I said.

"Your all grown up now just be careful with this new power you don't know how powerful it could be" he said patting my head Your right I hope I don't have to turn to Rin for advice again" I said laughing to myself. Me and my dad walked out of the beach house I then remembered what he said about meeting mum on the beach "Hey dad is this the beach where you met mum" I asked "You got that one right and we built this beach house together and we promised when we had children we'd bring them here" he said smiling.