𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝑵𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒅 ~𝑮𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒆~

1993

Ever since middle school you and Gilbert had been the best of friends. Which gave you enough time to realize you were in love with him, and to realize how much responsibility was put on him.

You always helped Gilbert with Arnie though, since you knew he had a learning disability that he couldn't help.

It was getting harder for you to conceal your feelings for Gilbert, I mean the way his hair would blow in a breeze, or when he looked so concentrated,and sometimes when he would let a smile slip. Those things, were just making it too hard for you to keep these bottled up feelings to yourself.

The problem was the fact that you didn't know if he had the same feelings as you. So it seemed you'd have to keep those feelings of yours hidden for a bit longer.

Your thoughts were interrupted by Arnie's laughter, which was coming from the big tree, that you and Gilbert were sitting around.

"Y/n have you seen arnie?" Gilbert asked sarcastically, fueling Arnie's amusement

"No gilbert I haven't?" You replied smiling. That's when arnie jumped down out of the tree laughing.

"There you are Arnie!"you pretended to be shocked, making him smile widely.

"Are you gonna come to my party?" Arnie asked in a childlike manner.

"Of course I will" you smiled and hugged Arnie, before he quickly pulled away to go chase a butterfly.

You and Gilbert exchanged smiles, which made your heart skip a beat. You really were in love with him.

_______________

It had been a week since Arnie's party and week since you saw Gilbert. You felt lonely, but admiring a Polaroid picture of you on Gilbert's back, made you smile.

Just then loud knocking on the door downstairs, made you jump up and run down the flight of stairs. Not caring if you ran throughout the house, since your parents were out of town.

When you answered the door, you were face to face with Gilbert, who had a very stressed out look on his face.

"Gilbert what brings you here?" You asked

"I needed someone to talk to" gilbert stepped inside, and you closed the door behind.

"Come on let's go to my room" you suggested, grabbing Gilbert's hand and leading him up to your room.

"I-I can't do it anymore y/n,everyone expects so much of me" Gilbert ranted, sitting on the edge of your bed, running a hand through his long hair.

"I know gilbert, I know" was all you could say, before you decided to sit next to him. Pushing a piece of hair away from his precious face.

"Listen Gilbert I've had the biggest crush on you forever,and I know this is probably really irrelevant to you right now but I love you" Your eyes widen as you realized what you just said.

"Sorry that wasn't-" your cut off by Gilbert's lips on yours. He began to kissing you passionately and pulls you onto his lap.

Gilbert then pulls away "that was just what I needed" he smiles and kisses you again.

Let's just say by the end of the night your innocence was just a distant memory *wink* *wink*

Not edited