Chapter One: The Beginning of My End

So, apparently it isn't appropriate for an eleven year old daughter of a Duke to yell "shove it up your ass" at someone... that someone being your fiancé... who also happens to be the crown prince... and did I mention I was attending his mom's tea party... and his mom may or may not be the Queen. Okay, maybe this wasn't the best way to handle the situation, but he started it!

I regretted my words the minute they left my mouth. Not that Prince Philip wasn't someone who deserved to be cursed at, but because this may not have been the best time or place to do so. A crash sounded throughout the gazebo, and I looked to see cracked crystal plates on the floor and a maid frozen in shock. Everyone was still, their mouth's agape and eye's shaking. The only person to react differently was my mother. Did I see her? No. Did I hear her? No. However, my hairs stood on end as the unmistakable outrage poured from the table where my mother sat, freezing my body like ice. I did not dare turn to look at her.

"Uh, well..." I began, letting out a nervous laugh as I racked my brain for some way to salvage the situation.

"Prince Philip... do not take my words as an insult, of course only the finest of silverware should be blessed enough to enter your backside, and what I mean by that is..."

My voice grew quiet, a sharp wave of fury crashing over my body. I made the mistake of turning towards the source. My blood turned cold as I locked eyes with the demon who had possessed my mother. It was as if her red hair had turned to fire, her ruby eyes filling with malice, but what was most terrifying about her was her smile. It was the smile of a devil welcoming his prisoner into hell. In may case, hell would have been the better option.

Now, many of you may be thinking things such as, 'why is an eleven year old cursing', 'was this girl ever taught manners', or 'how can someone be so stupid?' While these are all valid questions, I feel that I have a good explanation. First off, though Philip may appear to be a prince out of a fairy tail with his caring emerald eyes and golden hair, he is far from that. In reality Prince Philip is a royal douche bag who had the audacity to try and feed me a bite of pudding with his spoon. Now I know that feeding someone pudding isn't a reason to be cursed out, but Prince Philip wasn't just feeding me pudding, he was feeding me pudding filled with the hottest spices in the land. I would also like to mention that Philip was fully aware of my aversion to spicy foods after witnessing me run to the bathroom after mistaking a jalapeño for an olive. So, after being tormented by the Prince multiple times as he snuck spices into my tea, cookies, and cake; the minute he raised his spoon to my lips, I had reached my breaking point.

Now, was his feeding me spicy pudding enough of a reason for me to dishonor my family in front of some of the most important people in the nation? Well, the honest answer to that question would be no, but I am not yet finished with my side of the story. Up until three months ago, for the past six years, since the two of us met, Philip has seen me as a clingy, obnoxious, and spoiled nuisance who is madly in love with him. So, in hopes of getting me to stop clinging to him, he has started playing rotten tricks. Up until the last three months, I had simply suffered from his pranks and continued with being clingy and madly in love with his royal douche bag. However, three months ago, when I recovered my memories of my past life, everything changed.

------- Three Months Ago -------

I rose from my seat, exhausted after finishing my night classes. It was past 10pm and I didn't know how I would make it back to my apartment without falling asleep on the way. My day had been hectic. In order to pay my way through school and help gain experience, I had been working as an EMT while majoring in biology at a college that offered night classes. I wasn't set on any specific career path, but I had never been squeamish and enjoyed the feeling of helping people, so I decided to pursue medicine. However, after two unrelenting years of work and school, I was at my limit.