03

"i'll pay," said bright as he took out his card. "no- i will!" said win, trying to grab the card but bright was too quick to raise the card, in which win couldn't reach.

"sit down, snowball. i'll pay," he smiled, giving his card to the cashier.

win's eyebrows furrowed at the nickname. "snowball?" he pouted. "yes, now go. i'll be there with you shortly," bright smiles at win, who immediately looks away, flustered.

"i can't believe they made us bring the dogs back to the car," tine muttered, finding an empty booth. "i thought i trusted you mcdonald's." said tine, feeling betrayed by his own favorite fast food chain.

he took out his phone and began to read, passing the time as bright waited for their order.

minutes later, bright arrived with a tray in both hands. he set it down on the table, sighing. "the people in the kitchen kept looking at me," he frowned. "they're probably admused by your looks," win laughed.

it was true. bright was indeed a handsome man.

the other blew a raspberry, handing win his food. "i don't think i'm that good looking to be stared at, but thanks." he sheepishly smiled. "no problem. it's the truth anyway," win glanced at bright, who looked away.

bright's phone then began to ring.

he took his phone out of his pocket, checking the caller id. his face immediately brightened up.

"excuse me, i'll be right back," win nodded.

he ran out the door and stopped at the parking lot, his hand held his phone up to his ear while the other hand was in his pocket. he was smiling, almost looking like a toddler who was just given candy.

win was curious as to who was this person who made bright look happy, but at the same time, it wasn't his business. he didn't even know bright personally since they just met.

bright the came back, a smile on his face. "sorry, my girlfriend just wanted to check up on me," win felt a pang in his heart. "why did i feel like someone bashed my heart in to pieces?" win thought as he chewed on a french fry.

"i understand," he nods slowly. "i need to use the restroom, excuse me." he stood up, running away to find a restroom.

as he found the men's restroom, he went to the sink to splash some water onto his face.

"you just met him, he's taken. he's straight, you're not. he's just your friend, not your crush." he told himself, looking in the mirror.

he stood infront of the sink, both hands rested on the counter of the sink to support him.

"i'm might just go psycho," he spoke, sighing.

"you okay?" there he was again. "yeah," win nodded, shrugging it off. "i just needed to wash my face," said win as he shot a smile at bright.

the two returned back to their table.

"so how long have you and your girlfriend been dating?" asked win, wanting to know more about this woman. "a year now, i hope we can reach more than a year though," said bright, day-dreaming about his girl.

"must feel nice," win smiled. "y-you're single? do you want me to hook you up with someone?" he shook his head. "i-i don't want a relationship at the moment," he muttered, loud enough for bright to hear. he didn't want bright to know the truth. he was scared to be rejected.