12

win sat outside the interviewing room, his face in his hands.

as bright arrived, they were already taking nevy away. "no— no!" he cried. "nevy! is this true?" his eye twitched as he looked at his girlfriend. she only shot him a smile, saying sorry before looking away.

before bright could chase after her, win stood infront and held him as he fell to the ground, sobbing. "you're okay, c'mon." win whispered, feeling how tight bright's grip was.

the two walked to the waiting room. bright sat down, wiping his tears. "hey," win spoke, feeling bad as he looked at his friend. he handed him a white handkerchief.

"what did she do?" he croaked, wiping more of his tears. "she tried to get me killed," win looked away, not wanting to meet the sudden harsh gaze towards him. "she what? no, never. i don't believe that." he spoke, standing up. "i know nevy. she's the sweetest girl out there!" he defended.

win didn't say anything, not wanting to escalate the situation.

"what? you're going to stay silent now because you got my girlfriend behind bars?! don't you think i know who you were talking about at the bar?!" bright exclaimed, having all attention on them. "bright, now's not the time-"

"time for what?! for me to defend the live of my life?! to defend the woman who i promised to be with till the end of time?!" win felt his heart crumble at the words. "i'm flattered that you like me win, but i'm not gay and i never will-" he felt his blood boil.

"it's not about my sexuality bright!" win yelled, everyone in the precinct going quiet. "it's nothing about my feelings for you!" he's had enough of people breaking his heart. "i discarded my feelings for you the same day we met!"

"it's about the fact that your girlfriend tried to get me killed! she tried to get me assassinated! that's the point!" win spoke, grabbing the case file. "i should've expected you to say that," he felt tears rim his eyes.

"anyway, i'm sorry if your gay friend ruined your relationship. have a good day." win walked away, leaving a speechless bright.

"win-" it was too late. he was gone. bright looked around before running after win.

he fucked up big time.

he cried to himself in the locker room, punching his locker. he was frustrated. bright really did mean those words.

win dropped to the ground, wanting to punch himself for being such an idiot. "hey," he looked up to see khao. "is it bright, again?" win only broke down more, khaotung embracing him. "it's okay, we're here for you." he patted his back.

"why does he always assume that my sexuality has to do with about everything!" win cried. "i know he doesn't love me, but why rub it in my face!" khao felt bad as he heard his friend talk. in the years that they had been friends, never has he seen win this broken.

mew and gulf passed by the locker room, taking another look as they saw what was happening. khao raised a finger to his lips, telling them to be quiet.

the couple nodded, walking in.

"hey," gulf spoke, sitting behind khao. "nevy said that bright was an angel sent from above, but i have to think twice about that now!" he exclaimed. "look, he didn't mean those words. he's tired too," gulf tried to give the latter the benefit of the doubt.

"i'm tired aswell, but...i just wish he would've toned down what he said." he frowned. "i know win, but atleast give him a break aswell. he has already lost two patients today and they're closing his clinic soon," gulf added.

"sometimes, not everything has be sugarcoated, you know." it was true. win was so used to being told in ways that was so he couldn't get hurt, that when he's hit with the harsh truth, it hurts him.