07

win finally stood up, checking as his clock hit 6 pm. it was time to prepare for dinner.

he thanked his hyperactivity for making him go to the grocery even though he went just a few days ago. he took out some ramen and some meat, deciding on making a different dish for once.

usually he just eats take-out or a sandwich while wat ate with him.

"what time is it?" said bright as he sat up on the couch. he scratched his eyes, seeing as the tv was playing an episode of the kardashians. "here we go again with this fucking 'cute jeans' conversation," he rolled his eyes, sitting up.

"good morning," bright greeted, slightly wobbling. "morning? it's 6 in the evening," win laughed, stirring the ramen in the pot. "really? i was asleep that long? fuck. i'm sorry," the other sighed, rubbing his face.

"it's alright. you probably didn't have enough sleep last night," the latter spoke, taking the meat out of the pan, sizzling hot.

"i didn't wanna wake you up since you looked exhausted. don't feel guilty," he shot a reassuring smile. "thanks— do you need any help here?" win shook his head. "i'm fine here. just sit down with the dogs, since you're my guest," he giggled.

bright nodded with a smile. "where's your bathroom?" he then asked. "first door to the right," win replied, putting in the seasoning mix into the pot.

bright grabbed his toiletry kit and headed to the bathroom. once he was done, he decided to leave the kit in there, hoping that win wouldn't mind.

he exited the bathroom, heading back to the kitchen and sat on one of the stools.

"so when are you going back to work?" asked bright, leaning on his elbow and he watched win mess around with the pot. "they said i could start tomorrow, which is no problem. how about you?" bright shrugged.

"my assistant couldn't get hold of the damn exterminator so we're just kinda waiting around till the bastard arrives." he replied, annoyed. win couldn't help but chuckle.

"you know what, my department is in need of veterinary support since some of our cases are quite difficult to solve when there is an animal involved. we've been looking for a vet to be part of our team, but they all seem like they're too scared since it's involved with law-enforcement." he continued on, taking the pot off of the stove.

"so if you'd like, here." win opened one of the lower cupboards and took out a card, handing it over to bright.

deja vú?

"call me from my personal phone or that number if you'd like," he spoke with a smile. "you randomly just have business cards in your cupboard?" bright asked with amusement in his tone. "so what? it's normal....atleast for me," he joked.

"i'm kidding, but yeah, if you'd like to be part of forensics, take the call." the other nodded. "you will have to take a month of extensive training though, usually it's just normal stuff like fingerprint and blood analysis— that type of stuff."

"thanks for the job offer, but i'll stay in my clinic first. though, i won't dismiss this," he referred to the piece of paper inbetween his two fingers.

"take your time. i'm sure you love your job alot," win spoke, taking out a few utensils from his cupboard. "need help?" the latter nodded, unable to reach the top shelf.

"what do you need?" bright asked, standing next to win who was overwhelmed by the other's height. "the dog food," he laughed, watching as bright effortlessly took out the bag of dog food.

"there's only one cause when a dog owner puts their dog food on the top cabinet," win curiously raised a brow. "it's cause their dog always gets to it," the two shared a laugh. "yeah, wat always had a habit of snooping around the place.