♎ έξι ♎

<He is only a mortal, only a mortal, only a mortal, do not think of him ... it is not my fault ... he is not ... I ...> Hephaestus thought as he tried to sleep.

He got out of bed and sat on the edge, grabbed his hair, and huffed annoyed.

<If he had intervened ... only if ... I'm just going to check if he woke up ... just to be sure and then I'll come back and forget about him> Hephaestus put on his overalls and left his room. Upon leaving he found Aphrodite about to knock on the door of her room.

"Where are you going?" The goddess asked. Hephaestus simply walked past her, ignoring her, but Aphrodite followed him carefully so that God would not find out.

***

"Dominik will be fine, if he wakes up the hospital will notify us," Apollo said.

"But I want to be the first Arley sees when he wakes up," Dominik said as he hugged his best friend's arm tighter.

"You need to rest, tomorrow we will return."

"You can go, I will sleep in the chair next to his bed."

"No, Dominik-"

"You are a god, no, why don't you do anything to heal him? Wake him up!"

"You know perfectly well that I cure illnesses, I do not decide between life and death that is done by the daughters of Zeus, the Moiras."

"Well, ask the Moiras to wake up Arley!" Dominik yelled.

"Things don't work like that Nik!"

"Then go and don't come back until you find a way to wake Arley up!"

"Is that what you want?" Apollo asked annoyed.

"Yes, get out of here!"

"Fine, but then don't come back asking that you want to come back to me!"

"I will never do such stupidity, useless!"Apollo left the room very upset, he inadvertently withered the flowers in Arley's room.

"It wasn't necessary to call him that, you are not the only one who suffers," Hephaestus said as he entered the hospital room through the window.

"What are you doing here?" Dominik asked without taking his eyes off Arley's body.

"I just came ... to ... to talk to Apollo," Hephaestus said as he cleared his throat and looked at Arley.

"He left, you can go now ... unless you care about Arley's condition."

"Of course not! It was his fault for jumping onto the road without looking both ways, that's what they teach mortals when they are infants, right?" Hephaestus asked.

"Yes," Dominik replied dryly.

"Well, I'm leaving," Hephaestus said as he jumped out the window and fell to his feet on the sidewalk. What the god did not know is that Aphrodite was observing everything from the roof of a building opposite the hospital.

"So that human is what try to separate us ... don't worry Hephaestus, I will end the life of that mortal," Aphrodite said as she watched Hephaestus walk through the night streets.

***

"I gave him everything, dammit! If I could do something I would have already done it," Apolo said as he knocked on the remains of the closet in his room. He sighed and sat down on the edge of his bed. "I must speak to Hades for help." Apollo closed his eyes and felt his snake wrap around his bare arm and hiss.

Apollo got up and left his room, but when he left he heard the screams of Zeus and Hera, as always, arguing. He decided to speak to him tomorrow since Hades would surely be in the underworld. Upon entering his room again, he found Aphrodite, naked, like every night, trying to seduce him.

"You have a husband, remember?" Said Apollo.

"He no longer satisfies me and ... I have a plan ..." she said as she walked towards Apollo "... you want your partner and I want Hephaestus and ... I have decided to kill Arley."

"And what do you gain from that?"

"Hephaestus' attention, since he only thinks of that mortal, I curse Prometheus for having created mortals!"

"He is not interested in the mortal, he only feels guilty for what happened, nothing more," Apollo said, then grabbed Aphrodite by the arm and led her out of his room.