♎ δεκαεννέα ♎

After Hades fed Cerberus and Hephaestus emerged from Cerberus's foul-smelling, wet mouth, the two gods entered the Underworld.

The Underworld was a dark place, it did not inhabit a plant, there were huge mountains and a great dark forest in the distance, the sky was dark, there was a full moon in a wine-colored tone. The only thing heard was crying and pleading.

"The Moiras are located in the middle of the forest, it will take a lot of walking," Hades said.

As the minutes passed, Hephaestus began to ask how long he needed to get, over and over, getting the god of the Underworld to turn around and grab him by the neck.

"Open your mouth once more and threw you into the frozen lake."

"Then I will warm her with my sensuality" Hades released Hephaestus and cursed him under his breath, Hephaestus placed his hands on his hip, "I know you envy me." Hades looked at Hephaestus with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow.

"Envy you?"

Hephaestus looked into Hades's blue flaming eyes and with an arrogant smile said, "Because I have someone who truly loves me, not someone I forced to be with me so as not to feel alone.

"The blue flame that floated in Hades's head grew and Hades lunged at Hephaestus and started hitting him.

"I've had enough of you!" The god got up and started walking towards the opposite side to where they were walking.

"You still owe me two favors!" Hephaestus yelled as he got up from the ground and started walking.

"Fuck you!" Hades yelled back. Hephaestus walked on through the sinister forest, hearing the wind blow. "This place chills me," the god said to himself, looking at the bare trees and then at the ground full of broken branches and broken threads, some silver and others white.

Suddenly a strange cold mist enveloped him, he heard louder cries and pleas.

"Finally," Lachesis said. Hephaestus walked to the place where that voice came from, then heard the sound of scissors.

He looked around and found three women, with long black hair covering their faces, dressed in white, barefoot, and in front of them a wooden spinning wheel and a spindle and threads everywhere, some hanging from trees or in the hands of the Moiras.

Hephaestus stood in front of the spinning wheel and whistled calling the attention of the three women, they raised their heads and looked at the god.

"What?" Atropos asked.

"I come for Arley's soul," Hephaestus said with his arms crossed.

"Aha, do you want a drink next to the soul or better I cut your thread?" Atropos asked as he grabbed his scissors and cut a short thread.

<Sure it was the thread of a newborn child, that sadly did not get to see the sunlight>, the god said to himself mentally as he watched as Atropos dropped the thread to the ground. "I'm serious, I need your help," Hephaestus asked.

"Aha, and what do you need?" Cloto asked.

"The soul of Arley"

"And why?" Lachesis asked.

"I love him, I ... I don't know why I didn't realize it in time ..."

"Aha, and did it take you 8 days, 26 hours, 15 minutes, and 45 seconds to realize that?" Atropos asked.

"I felt insecure, I did not believe that someone would really love me, despite having hidden him as I am ... he made me feel loved, made me laugh like a damn lover and despite that ... I hurt him, abandoning him just like his father did "Hephaestus said as he shed tears.

"... but it's too late, you're 5 hours, 20 minutes and a second late," Atropos said as she cut another thread, this time longer.

"Why doesn't anyone understand how I feel? Damn!" Hephaestus yelled.

"Would you ... give your soul to that mortal?" Clotho asked. Hephaestus watched Atropos draw a golden thread from a small chest.

"My soul ..." Hephaestus whispered.

"Don't do it!" Aphrodite shouted as she ran to Hephaestus. "I love you, forgive me Hephaestus, I promise to change, I will give you more children if you want, but don't sacrifice yourself for that simple mortal."

"Tick tock Hephaestus, choose," Atropos said as she took out her scissors and looked at Hephaestus. Hephaestus nodded decidedly and confidently.

"Go ahead, cut my thread."

Aphrodite shook her head as she walked on her back until she hit a tree and slowly descended until she sat on the ground and cried. Atropos smiled and put Hephaestus's thread back into the small chest.

"Your love is pure Hephaestus, we will let you take Arley's soul if you promise to be faithful and show him how you are."

"Yes", the god smiled.

"Now jump and get your boy back," Cloto said. Hephaestus ran to the old stone wall and leaped into it. He looked for the soul of Arley, the minutes passed and he began to despair, there were many souls, many held on to him and pleaded for their release, but Hephaestus got rid of them.

He kept searching until he finally found the soul of Arley, even with the suit he brought to the trial, Hephaestus swam with difficulty towards the soul of Arley, since the plasma was gelatinous. Hephaestus reached out and grabbed the arm of Arley's soul. He smiled proudly and hugged the soul, feeling complete again. The soul disappeared and Hephaestus understood that he had already returned to Arley's body.

***

"Get off, seal!" Arley yelled as he pulled Dominik off him. The gods were shocked to hear the blond boy's voice, not only that, Dominik woke up and looked with tears in his eyes at Arley.

Arley yawned and lay back down, "Turn off the light when you leave the room."

Dominik hugged Arley as he cried.

"Please don't tell me that Apollo cheated on you?" Arley asked as he got up and walked to Apollo. He hit the god's abdomen, but the god didn't feel it. Arley scratched his neck in annoyance. Until the gods and the demigod realized Arley's mark, Hephaestus had marked him and transformed him into a demigod (♁).

"What?" Arley asked.

Hephaestus came into the room breathing hard and hugged Arley tight.

"Arley forgives me, I really ... I'm sorry ... I ... I was afraid you would hurt me as Aphrodite did to me."

"Don't compare me to that little jerk, you idiot!" Arley yelled as he punched the god in the abdomen, but the god didn't even notice.

"Correction, your idiot," Hephaestus said, then kissed the lips of his demigod. Arley separated from the god and looked him in the eye.

"Don't think I will forgive you so easily."

Aphrodite entered the room with tears in her eyes, "Great Arley, you ... you already have Hephaestus for yourself ... I ... really, I'm sorry I killed you."

"Was it you?!" Hephaestus shouted as he walked towards her, Aphrodite looked at him scared. Arley positioned himself opposite Hephaestus.

"Take it easy, hot daddy, I think she already learned her lesson."

"Well total, Ares is better you, besides ... who was going to love you?" The goddess said as she dried her tears and left the room. Arley kissed Hephaestus' lips and left several hickeys on the god's neck, causing him to blush.

"See, now you're marked by me."