♎οκτώ♎

Aphrodite was asleep on Hephaestus' chest, the god kept thinking of Arley.

<What happens if he never wakes up, if ... if he dies?>Hephaestus opened his eyes and was surprised to see the goddess, he without thinking pushed the goddess, causing her to fall to the ground.

"You are no longer young, face it ... I no longer love you," the god left the room and walked to the Olympic pantheon.

He closed his eyes remembering everything that happened in the pantheon, Aphrodite's wedding to him, and the birth of Athena ... he regretted having married that goddess. He just ... he just wanted to be happy, to be loved? yes, he wanted love, someone to be with for all eternity, someone who accepted him as he was, regardless of whether he was an ugly god.

***

A month, a month had passed, without Arley waking up, everyone felt guilty, for humiliating an innocent boy who just wanted society to accept him, but in the end, the result was not what he expected.

Dominik realized that Hephaestus visited Arley every day and always found Arley shedding a few tears. Did Arley listen to the god, did he feel sad for not being able to support him?

He also noticed someone watching him, he knew it was Apollo, despite having quarreled with him, Apollo was still willing to take care of him.

Dominik got up from the chair and walked to the bathroom, when he entered he only wanted to sleep, without realizing it he fell to the floor, totally asleep.

Hephaestus came in through the window to see Arley's condition, with Arley he felt more comfortable. He stared at him and with a little shyness grabbed Arley's hand, still warm, and placed it on his cheek, closed his eyes imagining Arley about to kiss his lips. But he turned away.

<Why am I doing this ... what do I gain from this ... more pain ...?> The god thought as he went to the window.

"Hephaestus ... n-no ... don't ... go ..." Hephaestus recognized that voice, turned around, and found Arley crawling up to him and hugging his leg.

He was in shock, it couldn't be real, everyone took Arley for dead no matter how strange it sounds. Hephaestus couldn't help but shed tears, which he quickly wiped away with his arm.

"Hephaestus d-don't ... leave me ..." Arley said and then shed a few tears. "... l-I'm sorry ..."Hephaestus took Arley in his arms, feeling his body heat.

"Why do you apologize?" The god combed the mortal's blond hair with his fingers.

"You suffered ..."

"I know, b -...," but the god could not finish his sentence since the mortal kissed his lips, keeping him quiet and surprising him. The god followed the kiss, not caring about Arley's clumsiness in kissing him, Hephaestus sat on the bed and placed Arley on his legs, he continued to kiss him and shed tears.

"I-I'm sorry ..." the younger repeated between kisses.

"Don't be sorry ... I'm fine, you're fine ... we're fine."