CONTEST JUDGES, REVIEWERS, AND BOOK CLUBBERS: READ THIS CHAPTER

This chapter does not count for review. The first one that does is "Part 1: The Dark-Eyed Boy". However, please read it. It contains important information.

Reader: Can I please just read the kriffing book already??

Me:

If you are reading this chapter, I entered it into a Wattpad event, and you're reading it for that event - a book club, review, or contest

If you are reading this chapter, I entered it into a Wattpad event, and you're reading it for that event - a book club, review, or contest. I ask that you read this chapter through to the end, so we can both get the most out of this book and experience. Thank you for reading this book, whether you're reading it for book club, review, or judging. You're putting in a lot of work to help me become a better writer, and that's commendable.

This book's intended audience is high-schoolers. Thus, I use words one would learn in eighth-grade to high-school years (especially when Light Spinner is speaking). A lot of my vocabulary usage, especially in her letters, is out of my control. This is because I strive to imitate her voice as she speaks in the show. If you're unfamiliar with the show, she tends to be very proper and elegant in how she carries herself, and that includes her speech patterns. 

If you are not this book's intended audience, please keep this in mind before you mark down points for the vocabulary. ESL judges should ask the admin for help, rather than assuming the fault is with my book. I understand that second languages are difficult (I speak Spanish), and that's why I wouldn't judge in a Spanish-language contest if I didn't speak the language well enough to understand the books.

This book can also be understood without seeing any of She-Ra. However, please be aware of your biases. It would be ridiculous in a contest to mark this book down for being fantasy just because fantasy isn't your preferred genre to read. It would be like me marking down on band-boy fanfictions just because I don't like reading them personally. You wouldn't want someone doing that to you; don't do it to me. Judge this book based on story elements such as plot, character, diction, etc.

If you are a fan of the reboot, please give this book a fair chance, and don't mark down on it just because it's about Light Spinner, or because you disagree with my portrayal of her and Micah. It's a little crummy to give a book a poor review just because you're not personally a fan of the characters or platonic relationships present in a book. And of course, if you don't like the reboot as a whole, please don't let that affect your review. This book carries a darker tone than the show it's based off of, and much of the things people complain about aren't present in my work.

Finally, remember that if you are a fan of Light Spinner and/or her relationship with Micah, I don't want you to let that affect your review either. Judge, critique, or review this book like you've never seen the show. I appreciate all the kind comments, but I also know this book has flaws, and I would like to be able to improve upon these flaws through the services you signed up to help with. On your own time, feel free to read and abstain from critique if you want. But you're reading right now for a specific purpose; please fulfill that purpose.

Thank you once again for your kindness in critiquing, judging, or reviewing this book. I'm truly grateful for the community Wattpad has created where I can sign up for these services without a monetary cost. And I hope that no matter what your biases are, you can enjoy a tragic, bittersweet story about friendship, parental toxicity, and the dangers of power in the wrong hands.

Regards,

Joye Everett