Part 4: The Price of Power

Dear Mother,

Dear Mother,

After sixteen years of me only being considered dangerous and immoral by everyone I love, I have reached my wit's end. I am nothing without the Spell. I am worthless, powerless to create a good life for Micah without it. And if I cannot even do that, I would be better off dead.

I never wished to do the Spell, but I have no choice now. The Horde has taken the Black Garnet and killed Princess Estila, and her heir is nowhere to be found. They will not stop at Tropicilas either - they will ravage the other kingdoms until all of Etheria is part of the Fright Zone. 

But even if they were content to stay put, Tropicilas is the home of my sweet Micah, and I cannot let it fall to outsiders. If he wishes to leave me and return home, he should have a home to return to. Though the thought of him leaving, of being away from the boy whom I cherish so desperately...it makes me want to weep. Mother, I have shed so many tears in the past week that it would embarrass even you.

Even if I turn into a monster and the Spell fails, he is a part of me, just as you are, and to be away from him would be a worse torment than the Spell itself. But I must take the risk, because that's what you would have wanted for me: to do anything for the people I love. I won't let anyone stand in my way to fulfilling your wish.

Your daughter,

Light Spinner