Chapter 8

POV JACE:

When we arrived from Seelie Court and when they saw our faces, especially Clary's, I had to explain what happened to my brothers. Alec only listened attentively, but Izzy kept on commenting as he told the story of what had happened.

"Well, what a scene and how is it?" Asked Izzy.

- With tracks as is natural. She still wanted to clear things up with Simon, but he didn't want to talk to anyone.

"I understand and how did he get after that?" Asked Alec this time, in a worried tone.

- He was even worse than her, it seemed that his life had taken a 360º turn in the wrong direction. He needed time to assimilate and that's what he said to Clary. Wait another hour or two and then go and talk to him.

I said goodbye to my brothers and went to my room. The truth is that I was also affected, but I still don't know what it means. It wasn't exactly the kiss, but the fact that she kissed Simon. Do you understand? No! Well, I don't either ...

I didn't notice that Clary left her room, but I found her when she came back, as she was crying and I heard her passing through my room towards hers. I suppose things haven't gone very well there, so I better go talk to her.

- May I come in? - I asked after knocking on his door. - Do you want to tell me how it went?

- It couldn't have gone worse Jace. We're done! I lost it, I lost it forever and there is nothing I can do to go back.- she replied crying.

- Hey calm down, I know you must be suffering a lot but you have to understand his side. It must not have been easy to make that decision, he liked you very much.

- I know and knowing that it is because of me that we are done and that because of me, I hurt your feelings, it makes me even worse. I should never have suggested that he come with us.

- You can't continue to blame yourself, what happened, passed. Now you just have to let time take care of the wounds.

I spent a few more minutes with her and then I went back to my room. I am really very sad for her, because it was clear that she liked him, but I am even more sorry for him because I understand the situation and the feelings he must have at this moment.

It is not easy to see the woman we love kissing with others and the situation where he discovered her was not the one indicated or recommended by anyone. It was just a stupid game where we all went out to lose, except Seelie Queen, because it is these confusions that she likes!

In the morning I woke up at half past six, I really couldn't sleep there very well after our adventure yesterday. I went to have breakfast and see what was going on in the operating room. Izzy and Alec joined me shortly after, but Clary was the last to appear beside us.

- Are you better? It looks like you haven't slept much at all! "Exclaimed Izzy with a worried tone.

- That's because I didn't sleep! I was up all night and decided to pay a visit to my mother's grave. It always relieves me to talk to her, even though I know that no one is buried there.- replied Clary, sitting next to us.

- You should eat something.

- I know, but I'm not hungry! More soon I will go to the cafeteria and see what is there.

This was a day considered calm, we had no cases of demons attacking anyone or signs of Valentine's life. I suspected that Simon didn't set foot here but I was getting worried about him, so I decided it was best to see how he was doing. I arrived at his apartment, rang the bell and waited for him to come and open the door for me, but he never came, so I rang again.

- Clary, I already told you that I need time ...

- I'm not Clary, open the door for me, please, - I said and he did. When I saw him, I was very worried, I know that vampires are not supposed to sleep much, but he was crawling, had not slept and didn't seem to have eaten much yesterday and today.

- Simon, when was the last time you fed?

- Jace, what are you doing here?

- Answer my question first. When was the last time you fed?

- Yesterday morning.

- Simon, you have to feed, running out of blood is not good for you.

- I'm not hungry, but now answer me, what are you doing here?

- I was worried about you because of what happened yesterday. Clary told me it was over, I wanted to know how you were.

- Jace Wayland, were you worried about me?

- Of course it was, I can't imagine what you felt at that moment, or what you are feeling now, but we are a kind of friends now, you can count on my support. So how do you feel?

- Badly, it seems that my world has collapsed. Since I met her, I thought my future would be with her. I always imagined our first kiss, our first date, our wedding, damn even our children. She became my best friend the second we met. I know it's bad to say this, but when we found out you were brothers, a part of me, even though it was small,  I was happy because I was finally going to have that hypothesis that I always dreamed of. Of course, I was sad for you and for her because I know that they had something special, but I couldn't shut down the feeling of hope that I felt at that moment. I know that our relationship was not perfect, but it was our way.

- I understand, when I met her I also thought she was an amazing girl and I also realized in the first minute that I met you that you liked her. Apparently we all saw it, except her. I know that this situation is very messy and confusing but you have to overcome what happened. I also know that speaking is easier than doing it, but you have to give time and especially as sad as you are, you have to take care of yourself, Si.

- Who knew you were so good at giving advice? I was a little impressed!

- If you want the truth, so do I. - I said laughing and Simon did the same, which made me very happy, seeing that I managed to cheer him up after what happened.

- Thank you for coming to see how I was. I think that was what I was needing right now, a friend. I didn't know it was that friend!

- It may seem a surprise, but I was also happy to come. I want you to know that you can count on me for whatever you want. I know that in the past, we weren't the best friends, in fact I can say that we really hated each other, but I think that was because we saw each other in competition to keep Clary's heart. It took some news of me being a family to realize that maybe you're not bad at all, Simon.

- You're not bad at all, either, Jace Wayland. I know it's weird and you should want to go back to the institute, but do you want to, I don't know, have dinner around here?

"That's not even a question!" I exclaimed, sitting down on his couch again and he sat down next to me.

We both ended up falling asleep on the couch leaning against each other and I, in the morning, was the first to wake up. So I got off the couch slowly so I wouldn't wake him up and started making breakfast for both of them. While preparing things to wake Simon, Izzy texted me saying he needed me at the institute, so I wrote a quick message to Simon explaining why I left and I left his apartment carefully so as not to wake him.