Chapter 23

On the way home, I could only think of the conversation that we were going to have and that was going to affect my future, positively clear. I opened the door and Simon was sitting on the couch watching TV. I went to put my things down in my room and then I sat next to him.

"Can we talk, Jace?" Asked Simon, placing the remote on the table and turning completely towards me.

- Of course, what's up? Did something happen?

- No, there is one thing I wanted to say to you but it is not easy to admit. Well I'm so nervous that I don't even know where to start.- said Simon looking at his hands.

- Start at the beginning.

- You know that at first I was not very comfortable in this "world" and the only reason I stayed here was because of Clary. You also know that because of our feelings for her, we weren't exactly friends or cordial with each other. But after the incident at Seelie Court, you and I became closer and you helped me a lot since then ... Well what I wanted to tell you is ... Well, you remembered the kiss that happened yesterday and I said that hadn't it meant anything? Well, I may have lied! Maybe with that kiss I felt everything!

"Where do you want to go, Simon?" I asked, smiling. Although I already knew where this conversation was going, I wanted to hear him tell me what he feels.

- What I'm trying to say is that I like you. Really, I don't think I ever liked anyone the way I like you. I don't know if you feel the same or not, but I couldn't hide this any longer.

- Simon ....

- I understand if you want to get away from me.

- Simon ....

- We can remain friends anyway, I will not do anything to harm this.

I could see that he wasn't going to let me speak anytime soon, so I moved closer to him and grabbed his cheeks with my hands.

- Can you just shut up a little and let me talk once in my life? Jesus! I wanted to tell you that I already knew you liked me.

- Oh well ... Wait a minute, you know? How?

- I heard a little bit of your conversation with Clary. I'm sorry I heard and didn't say anything to you, but I wanted you to tell me face to face. I needed to hear from your mouth that you loved me. And Simon, I feel the same way!

- Do you feel? You're not saying that to make me happy, are you?

- Simon, I'm serious. I really like you and have been for a long time, but it seems that I'm not very good at hiding it, because all our friends already knew, except you.

"Looks like it," said Simon, laughing.

I brought my face close to his and kissed him with all my strength. I've been trying to understand and hide my feelings for this boy for a long time, but I'm glad I don't have to do more.

- What will we do now?

- Well, now I'm going to take the time left until dinner time to date a little with my new boyfriend and then we'll have dinner with the guys at the usual place.

- I wanted to say what are we going to do with our friends? Shall we assume that we are in a relationship? Do you want to keep this a secret for a while?

- To hide? You are kidding? Don't even think about it, I want to assume to the whole world that I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. I want everyone to know, from the shadowhunters to the Seelies that you are mine and mine alone.

- I'm glad you think so ... But I'm sad for all the girls who live in the shadow world. The famous shadowhunter Jace Wayland is no longer available.

- I know, it's a big loss for humanity.

The rest of the afternoon until it was time to go to dinner with the rest of the staff was great. I finally had the person I love by my side and nothing could be better than that.

When we got to the bar where we usually eat together, there was just Alec and Magnus. While I sat next to Magnus, Simon sat next to Alec and now we just had to wait for the girls to arrive before we could ask.

"Sorry for the delay!" Said Izzy, sitting next to me, while Clary sat next to her best friend.

We called a maid and asked for our food and drinks and then it was just waiting for them to come and bring us what we asked for at the table.

Clary kept looking at me as much as at Simon and I knew she wanted news about the conversation they had today. I think it was time to kill his curiosity and finally admit to my friends our relationship once and for all.

- Well, since we're all here, I can already tell you something. Jace Wayland is officially off the market!

"Finally!" Shouted Clary. And that was how everyone inside was looking at us.

- Is that some code? I don't understand anything. - Alec said looking at me.

Of course, Alec was the only one who did not understand what he meant because our other friends were smiling bigger than the cat that appears in Alice in Wonderland.

- Brother, it means that our dear brother is no longer in the group of single people.

"So why didn't you just say that he and Simon were dating instead of saying he was out of the market?  That expression doesn't make any sense ..."

- With me? How do you know he's in a relationship with me? It could be with someone else.- Simon said curiously.

- Please, I'm a bit blind but not that much.

- Here are your orders, - said the girl who put our orders on the table.

We started to eat what we ordered and almost two and a half hours later we went to pay, we left and went home because tomorrow I had to wake up early to go to the institute.

Today I was going to sleep happier because I knew I had the love of my life by my side and I had a feeling that things could only improve from now on.