Chapter 16

POV JACE:

Three days .... Three days of doubts, three days of despair, three days of searching and nothing new about their whereabouts. Both at night and during the day, I kept looking for him everywhere. I went through all the areas that I remembered would have some meaning for Simon or even Heidi but I was not lucky at all.

During the day I spent all the time at the institute because I could not be at home doing nothing, but at night the silence was absorbing. I missed him, his fads, his opinions about the comic books or greeks that he sees. I always thought it was a little uncomfortable, but now I miss it.

Tell the truth, I miss him at all levels. I may have many doubts about what I feel for him, but I know that I want him back and fast and the only certainty is that I cannot live without him. At the lunch we did to celebrate the "promotion" of Clary's career in our world, I just thought about him and what I was going to do to bring him back without knowing where he is ... I mean he can be anywhere in this city or you may not even be here anymore.

I had woken up earlier than usual, I went to have breakfast outside and then I went to the institute where we thought, together, what to do to find him when my cell phone rings, but I don't recognize the number.

"Answer it, it could be important," said Clary, and I did so.

I don't usually answer numbers that I don't know, but thankfully I did today, because it was neither more nor less than Simon who gave me directions from where he was and that Heidi had made a mistake in leaving his cell phone at home.

I gathered the "troop", that is my brothers, Clary and Magnus and we went to the place where he was and we went on a shelf thanks to a portal that Magnus opened and transported us there in a matter of seconds. We broke down the front door and that's when I saw him, waiting for me. When I saw him, I did what my heart told me to do was hug him.

The crazy woman came in later and when she saw us she was a little surprised but with the help of the "gun" that Izzy brought, we managed to neutralize her and while my brothers and Magnus took her to the institute for the prison, Clary and I took Simon to our home.

- Welcome home again Simon.

- How are you? I know she hurt you that day.

- Nothing is wrong, I managed to heal quickly. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself and I'll see you tomorrow.

Finally he was with me and away from that crazy. I seemed to him that he was a little strange with me and the rest of the staff and he had that face of someone who wants to ask something but doesn't quite know how.

- Sy, you look like you want to ask something.

- Did you miss me? It is that Heidi, not that I believed in it, showed me a video where it shows you happy and as if my absence meant nothing.

- Simon, my life without you these past three days has been hell. You don't know what I went through and the turns I took to the city to find you. I don't know what she showed you or what she told you, but it's not true. Now you've been through a lot and I know you want to rest in your bed ...

- I want to, but Jace, will you stay with me? I don't want to be alone.

- Of course yes!

I lay down beside him until he fell asleep, but I didn't count on falling asleep either. I was so comfortable in his bed and beside him and when I woke up, I was face to face with his face that he was sleeping peacefully.

I got up slowly so as not to wake him up and went to the kitchen to arrange breakfast. Shortly after, Simon joined me, looking for a bottle of synthetic blood to drink.

- What do you say about staying at home watching a series of your choice?

- Nothing like that, these last three days I've only been watching television, I want to leave home and we can go to the institute.

We left the house and went to the institute where they were still in the cafeteria having breakfast.

"Good morning guys," said Simon when we got to the edge of the table where they were sitting.

- Simon, I thought you wanted to stay home today.

- None of that, I was locked in a house for three days .... I wanted to be with you guys.

- She doesn't stop asking about Simon .... It's really annoying! - Alec said when he reached our shore. - Simon, you are here today, friend.

- What's wrong with her?

- My father came to pick her up for a prison we have in another city, but she doesn't want to leave without talking to you.

"Then come on," said Simon, standing up.

- Don't even think about it, I won't let you talk to that crazy woman.

- Jace, she's trapped and she can't do anything else and besides that you'll be there with me.