Chapter 18

POV JACE:

Four weeks later ....

Today was a day when I was going to discover something that would change my life completely. When I woke up in the morning, I went to the kitchen and saw a note on the kitchen counter, from Simon saying he was going to see Luke before he went to the institute and then he met me there.

I had my breakfast rested and left the house towards the institute. When I got there there was no sign of Simon and I was starting to worry about him.

- Do you know where Simon is? He said he was going to talk to Luke and then we'll meet here.

- No, but if you like, I'll call him to ask if it's still too long, he may had been late at the police station ... Sometimes Luke is too busy to talk and some time is wasted.

Clary called Simon twice but never got any answer, so she called Luke and he said that he had agreed something with him but he never came. I think it is the ideal time to worry again.

- Clarissa, Jonathan, I have something or rather I have someone who needs your help badly. Let's stop talking, if in an hour you don't show up, my dear Clarissa,  in this place that you must have already recognized, your dear vampire friend dies!

- We have to save him, but how?

We called Alec and Izzy and told them that Valentine was here at the institute and had kidnapped Simon and would only release him if Clary showed up. The difficulty is not to enter the room where he is, which is on the 4th floor, but to remove the two of them safe and sound.

We decided that the best thing to do was for me to use the runes to become my sister and go to save Simon. If something happened and he found me he couldn't kill me, because I am his son. I went to floor 4, where they were, and I showed up just when he had a knife to Simon's neck.

- Enough! I'm here as you asked. Now let Simon go and you can stay with me.

- Do you really think I would let the daylighter go without a scratch ... Oh dear, you are very naive ....

I had to fight to get out of there alive and with the help of the real Clary, we managed to go to the room where the sword was. We all knew that if a person with Demon Blood touched the sword, it would destroy it and it could kill me ... It was a risk I had to take. But something happened when I touched the sword, instead of destroying it, I activated it.

This meant that Valentine lied to me when he told me that I had demon blood, because in fact, what happened is that my blood is angel blood. If he lied about it, who knows what he will have lied about the most.

Valentine managed to escape with the sword and kill some downworlders by the process, leaving just me, Clary and Simon in that room without really knowing what we could do at that moment.

We later found out that Valentine was planning to meet some downworlders to join his army and that's when we showed up so that, once and for all, we can defeat him. As we fought, he told me something that was going to change my life ...

- You are my true "creation" ...- said Valentine smiling.

- I'm not a creation, I'm your son ...

- No, you are not my son, I am not your father and Jocelyne is not your mother. Clary is not your sister!

- You're lying, you just lie.

- You are pointing the sword of truth at me, remember ...

How can he do that to me, made me believe that the woman I loved was my sister and that I had a family, where my father was a homicidal maniac and my mother died thanks to a demon that invaded our institute and seized the body of my parabatai and used it to kill Jocelyne.

After I managed to defeat him, I took the sword he was carrying and was going to end the threat he presented once and for all but I was interrupted by Clary, who told me that he was the only person who knew where the Mortal Cup was, for it couldn't kill him now, but it could arrest him and take him to The Clave for them to ponder the penalty Valentine would have to serve.

We took him to the institute and put him in the cell so that on the day of his trial, the Clave would come and pick him up. He could no longer harm anyone here, but now I had the arduous task of telling my sister that she was no longer my sister.

- Guys, do you think we can talk, just the five of us?

We went to my room and when everyone was seated, I started talking but it was not as easy as it seemed.

- Well, you already know that Valentine lied to me about having demon blood and that I unintentionally activated the sword and that in the fight against Valentine it disappeared ... Well, there is one more thing that I discovered ....

- Jace spills it out, we're getting worried, - said Izzy.

- Clary, I'm not your brother!

- No? But how so? Valentine said we were and the evidence made sense ...

- I know, but today he confessed and I thought he was lying, but I had the sword of truth on his neck, he couldn't lie.

"Aren't we brothers?" Asked Clary, confused.

- No! We never were .... He lied to us ....

- This changes everything ...- whispered Simon but I got to hear it and really let us think. Would this confession change everything?