Chapter 25

The council said the ceremony would take place in five days and that gave us enough time to prepare things. The next step was to tell our friends that we were going to have a ceremony here. I was so excited to have a parabatai in a few days that I couldn't even control my emotions, so saying that I couldn't sleep right at night was a certainty.

In the morning I woke up with my alarm clock, changed clothes and went to the cafeteria, where Clary was already there. Minutes later my two favorite couples, Jimon and Malex, arrived.

"Good morning guys," said Jace, sitting next to me and eating some of my bacon.

- Good thing everyone is here, I have something new to tell you ... Me and Clary are going to be parabatai.

- Seriously? This is great news, we are happy for you. - Alec said smiling. Well, he's really in a good mood to be smiling at this time of morning.

Breakfast was fantastic. But nothing that is good lasts forever, as a mission alert entered the cafeteria and we had to go and see what was going on.

This time we had two missions instead of one, one was the abduction of a seelie and the other was a sighting of a demon. Since someone had to stay here to help with whatever was needed, I didn't go to any of them. For the demon it was Magnus, Jace and Clary and for the missing seelie it was Alec and Simon.

4 days later ....

It was today! As of this morning, I will have a parabatai for my whole life and I could not have chosen a better person. Everything was already prepared for the ceremony, only a few members of the Clave were missing.

We were at the Council, and on the floor were three rings of fire, two individual and one that symbolized the union. After the parabatai oath are spoken, runes are exchanged and placed on each other.

Oath:

Entreat me not to leave three,

Or return from following after three ---

For whither throu goest, I will go,

And where you lodgest, I will lodge.

Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.

Where thou diest, will I die, and there will be buried.

The Angel do so to me, and more also.

If aught but death part three and me. 

Ceremony complete and I already felt that my bond with Clary had strengthened 100%. The ceremony was incredible and I couldn't be happier. To celebrate, we all went to eat at an Italian restaurant in the middle of Brooklyn.

After the girl came to point out our requests, we started talking about nonsense, when Simon noticed Magnus' ring.

"Don't you have anything to tell us?" Asked Simon, pointing to the ring.

- Oh, right. Magnus and I are getting married.

- Alec this is great, why didn't you tell us before? When did you propose? "Asked Jace curiously this time.

- Six days ago ... I was going to tell you the next day but it was Izzy's time ...

- You could have told it in the same way.

- I know but it was your moment not ours. Besides, now you know.

"And when is the wedding due?" Asked Clary.

- We were thinking about a month or two from now. We don't want to wait long, "replied Magnus, smiling.

The lunch was very good and happy but we had to go back to the institute because missions could appear at any time and we had to be prepared, despite the lunch shift being in full capacity to resolve the situations that arise.

The rest of the afternoon was quiet. There were almost no warnings of sightings of demons. Night came and with it, our friends returned to their homes and us to our rooms.

Today had been a wonderful day and one that I will not soon forget. 

POV JACE:

Today had been a very special day for our family, especially for Izzy. I know she always wanted to have what Alec and I have and now, finally, she can experience it.

Of course, I was even happier because in addition to my dating the most special man in the world, we found out that my brother is getting married in a few months and I couldn't be happier for him. And to think that he almost abdicated his happiness by almost marrying Lydia to fulfill our parents' whims.

Now that Simon and I are dating, I practically no longer use my room, I just go there to store my clothes and get something I need because I decided to "move" to Simon's room, where every day I could fall asleep and wake up by his side.

I know it is very sleazy and it doesn't look like mine, but waking up and seeing his face is another worldly happiness. I don't know how to explain it, but I know I can't live without it every day. Oh my god, what did you do to me, Simon Lewis?