Chapter 30

One month later....

Today I woke up super nervous! I felt like my heart was going to come out of my mouth but I had to control myself. The reason? Well, today was my wedding day. Everything was ready, there weren't that many things to plan either, as our ceremony was going to be very private, just with the closest people.

The wedding was going to be at the bar where Maia works, in the party room. The ceremony and the wedding reception were going to be there. Maia now ran that bar and because it was our wedding, she closed the doors so the bar was closed today.

Only Maryse, Max, Magnus, Alec, Clary, Izzy, Luke and Maia came to our wedding. There were only eight people but they were the ones who mattered. We do not invite Simon's mother or sister for the simple reason that they cannot be present in our world. They don't know about the Shadow world and we have to keep it that way. I mean, Rebecca knows, but right now she's on a trip and she couldn't make it in time for our wedding, so it wasn't even worth inviting her.

I also invited my father, but he sent me an email to reply that he couldn't come due to professional matters, but I didn't expect anything else from him either.

It was time for us to start dressing for the ceremony and my hands were shaking everywhere. I know I am a very calm man, but today my heart was racing.

"Did you also feel like you were going to pass out at any time because of your nerves?" I asked Alec as he entered my room.

- Yes, it's not the best feeling in the world, but as soon as that "priest" declares you married, it will be all worth it.

"Can I come in dear ones?" Asked my mother.

- Of course mom, come in.

- I just came to see if you needed anything, but I see that Alec had the same idea.

- I came to see if he was still alive.- Alec commented laughing and my mother joined him.

- Mother, I know it's late, but I wanted to ask you if you would accompany me to the altar.

- Of course dear, yes, it is an honor to accompany you.

SIMON POV:

To say I was nervous was little, I was a nervous wreck, it looked like I was going to pass out at any moment. I texted Luke so that when he got to the bar, he would come to me because I needed to talk to him.

"Did you want to talk to me?" Asked Luke, closing the door.

- I wanted to ask you something. As you know, my family does not come to my wedding because they, my mother more than my sister, do not know about the existence of this world of ours and my father has left us for many years, so I wanted to ask you, if you would accompany me to the altar.

- Of course I do, Simon. But you wouldn't prefer it to be Clary, after all she is your best friend.

- No, you are as if you were a father to me and nothing would make me happier if you were with me.

- Consider it done Simon.

The hours passed and it was already scheduled for the ceremony, so with Luke, we went to the "altar" where Jace was already there who smiled when he saw me. I can't believe this day came, in the end of the morning I was going to be a married man.

Despite all the happiness I felt at this moment, I couldn't help feeling some sadness that my family was not here celebrating with me this very important day of my life.

- We are gathered here to celebrate the union of these two people, Jace Lightwood and Simon Lewis. Now let's hear the vows that the couple wrote.

- Everyone who is here knows that at the beginning our relationship could not even be considered cordial. When Heidi kidnapped me, I wrote a note to the most important person in my life, in case you never found me again. I wrote it to you! - I said taking the note out of my pants pocket. - "Jace, you are a very confusing boy! One moment you are arguing with me about something completely meaningless and the next you are hugging me. How is it possible for me to be happy just looking at your face? Why am I so happy when I try to look at you without you noticing, are you looking at me already? If I ever get out of here, I will find the time and place to tell you that you have made my life unpredictable, often confusing, but that make me extremely happy.  This is the place and the time to tell you all of this and also to tell you that I can no longer imagine myself without you."

- " Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel from world to find it. Others, find it in a person." I said this phrase on the day I asked you to marry me and I say it again because there was never another one that described my life. The truth is that on the day you set foot in our world, I knew you were going to change my life, I never thought you would change it for the better. I loved you the first time I saw you, even though I didn't know it, I love you today and with 100% that I will love you tomorrow and the next day and the next until the rest of our lives. Basically what I'm trying to say is that you are the best thing that ever happened to me, Simon Lewis .

- Simon Lewis do you accept Jace Lightwood for your legitimate husband?

- I accept!

- Jace Lightwood do you accept Simon Lewis to be your legitimate husband?

- I accept!

- You can then place the rings ... By the power invested in me, husband and husband declare to you.

It was official, we were married and now it was time for a wedding reception. Similar to what happened at Alec and Magnus' wedding, we didn't have tables and chairs taking up space, we had rectangular tables with food and drinks. I took a glass of blood and went to my husband's side.

"Are you happy?" I asked Jace.

- As I've never been before.

"And the Lightwood family grows with each passing day," said Alec.

- It is a pleasure to have you in our family Simon.- Maryse said this time hugging me.

- Poor people in Brooklyn ... Jace Wayland / Lightwood is no longer available.

- It is true, it is a great loss for humanity but Jace Lightwood has everything he needs right here.- said Jace hugging me.

- What did you do with our brother, Simon?

- Honestly I don't even know, one day I woke up and he was already like this ...

The rest of our afternoon was fantastic, we danced a lot, ate a lot and at the end of the night we returned to our house where we could have more privacy to date.