Chapter 27

Two months later....

ALEC POV:

It was today! Two months passed and finally the most awaited day of my life, the day of my wedding, arrived. Looking back I would never have imagined myself about to go up to the altar with a warlock, but it will happen and I am very happy to have it.

Everything was very well prepared, Jace and Izzy were with me in a room, and Calry was with Magnus in another room. My mom a Max were arriving. 

Unfortunately my dad is not going to be able to come to the wedding due to some Clave matters but I already spoke to him this morning and he wished me all the best in the world. Yes, I am a little sad to not have my father with me at this time, but I am grateful for the family and friends who will accompany me on this very special day.

Who is the alliance girl? Well, she's the cutest girl I've ever met on earth. Madzie lived with her aunt, a warlock who used her powers not in a good or legal way, so after trying to trick Clary into matters related to looking for her mother, we arrested her and Madzie lived with a warlock who is a friend of Magnus.

But she is so adorable that even Magnus couldn't resist and these days it was as if she were his godfather, caressing her, giving her gifts and even being her a babysister, which I didn't care because I also adored that little creature. Both Magnus and I have a special affinity for her and whenever possible I like to have her with us, even if it is just for a simple snack.

At the end of the morning, Magnus was going to be my husband and we were going to be able to live happily ever after. I was in my room getting ready when I see a knock on the door.

"May I come in, bro?" Asked Izzy, closing the door. "I came to see if you needed anything."

- No, everything is ok, it just remains to be seen if the photographer takes too long, I wanted to take some family photos, before we had to go to the altar.

- Do not worry that the photographer has arrived and mom is taking care of him - said Jace when entering.

- You know it's still good manners to knock on doors before entering.

- Oh bro, relax ...- said Jace sitting on my bed.- How are you feeling?

- Happy, anxious and a little nervous.

- Sorry, did I hear you right? Is Alec Lightwood nervous? It can't be, who are you and what did you do with our brother? "Asked Izzy.

- AHAHAHAH! How cute! I get nervous a lot, I just don't show it.

- I can enter? Are you all decent? "Asked my mother, knocking on the door.

- You see Jace, that's how it's done. You can mom!

- I came to see how my baby was, - said my mother, sitting next to Jace.

- I'm fine, don't worry, I'm just getting ready and I'm coming down.

Both my brothers and my mother left my room so that I could finish getting ready and then I was there alone thinking about what my life would be like going forward.

POV JACE:

Today was an important day for my brother. It was his wedding day and I can't imagine how nervous he must be. It is a big step to take in a relationship but I know that those two were born to marry each other and I have no doubt that they will be very happy together.

It was still two hours before we had to be at the institute so I could use this time to date a little. Simon was sleeping next to me like an angel and I start looking at him.

- I told you this is scary, - said Simon smiling, opening his eyes little by little to adapt to the light.

- Sorry, it's stronger than me.- said looking away.

- I said it was scary, yes, but you don't have to stop.

Things between Simon and me have been getting better and better. I never had a relationship more than two weeks with anyone, but Simon makes me feel so good. When I am with him I feel at home and I have never felt this way with anyone.

Several people already told me that sometimes our house is not a place but a person and I had never understood the meaning until now. We got out of our warm bed and went to have breakfast, while I ate pancakes, Simon drank that mixture that I don't understand how he gets it .... That is so nasty, but it must be a vampire thing.

We just had breakfast, got ready for the wedding and left the house towards the institute. When we got there, I went to check on my brother and he went with Clary to see Magnus.

I had never seen Alec so nervous in his life, not even when he almost married Lydia just to please our family. Thank goodness that he changed his decision, otherwise at this moment I would not be so happy with the direction that life had touched him.

As soon as Alec left his room, we went to take some family pictures and after that the guests went to their seats, because in the meantime the ceremony started.

Seeing my brother's face as Magnus walked to the altar was the best thing in the world. His expression only showed one thing: pure happiness! At this moment I look at Simon who smiles when he sees Magnus and I start to imagine what it would be like instead of being Alec and Magnus, if it were our ceremony.

My mind wandered for a few seconds in my fantasy world but I went back to real life when the "priest" started his speech. Watching the ceremony was a beautiful thing, but the best part was listening to the vows they both wrote about their love for each other.

- As everyone knows, words are not my thing and I was never a fan of making speeches, so the only thing I say to you, and that I wrote on this paper, was that I promise to love you unconditionally every day of our lives. With you I was able to assume and be proud of what I am today, I know that from now on we will be very happy in the company of each other and all the people we love.- said Alec smiling, putting the wedding ring on Magnus' finger.

- Alec, you already know that I have existed for centuries, but since the first day I met you, I truly felt that it was the first day I seriously lived my life. You know that I can be very direct with what I want and with whom I want, but with you everything changes. Never, in my several centuries of existence, have I met a person like you and I am very happy with the decision you made some time ago, as it was the opening door to a fantastic relationship.

After the ceremony, came the wedding reception, that is, the food. I was very happy for my brother but I admit that I was full of hunger. Instead of round tables and chairs occupying the space of the room, the guests ate standing up and had tables running with food and drink.

- Look at them, they are so happy.- Simon said coming to my side with a plate in his hand.

- Your attention, please, - said Magnus. - I would like, first of all, to thank our guests for being present on this day that is so special for us and to thank Clary, Izzy and Jace for having accepted the task of being the our groomsmen and bridesmaids. Enjoy the divine food and the party.

The party was fantastic and time was running out but we were all starting to get tired, so we went to our house. As soon as we got home, the first thing I did was take off this suit and this tie that has been bothering me all afternoon and lying down on my beautiful and cute walk with my boyfriend.