part 7: someone from the past

Hey guys. Thank you for your votes and comments on the previous part. Here is part 7. Enjoy....

Ps: I will use bold font when Khushi will actually speak in English.
Somedays passed after his indirect confession. After that day he didnt say anything about that. But yes he didnt stop showing his care. Everyday he would do something or other which Khushi would ignore bluntly. Yesterday he wanted to take her for movie which she denied saying she was having headache. The day before he brought pani puri and jalebi which she didnt even touch saying she was having digestion problem. She saw Arnav trying to please her but she wont melt down this time.

The following evening Arnav planned to take everyone for dinner. Actually his plan was to take Khushi with him alone but he knows Khushi will again come up with a plan and refuse him. So he told everyone to get ready for the dinner. Khushi this time too refused saying she was not feeling well but then everyone said they too wont go if Khushi would not come. Though Khushi was not in a mood to go but she didn't want to ruin the family moment as it was after so many days they were going out. So she said that she will go. All of them got ready and got into the car.

..........................

XYZ restaurant

Everyone took their place. Arnav kept a seat for Khushi beside him. But Khushi didnt even acknowledge that and was about to sit on the otherside when Anjali interrupted, "Are aap wahan kahan ja rahi hain Khushiji. Apne pati k pass baethiyein. Dekhiyen kitne pyaar se apke k liye jagah bacha k rakkha hain. Pata hain hum waha baeth ne wale the par unho ne hume mana kar diyan. ( are were are you going Khushiji? Sit beside your husband. See he has kept the seat for you so lovingly. You know I was about to sit there but he didn't let me.)

Arnav- What the..... when did I refuse you di?

Anjali- You didnt but you would right? If not let me come there right now.

Arnav- err... Not needed di.

All of them laughed. They ordered their food and were talking among themselves. Amidst all of them Khushi was silent. Arnav noticed that and said," What happened Khushi? Are you feeling sick?"

Khushi didnt say anything. Arnav sighs this is what happening everyday. He everyday tries to talk with Khushi but she either doesnt reply or ignore him completely.

After sometimes their dinner comes. Arnav serves Khushi and himself while he got teasing glares of the family which he ignored. After completing dinner they were waiting for the bill when someone closed Khushi's eyes from behind. Khushi held that person's hand and shouted, "Maniiikkkkk..."

Manik-" Are jungli hum log bahar hain chillana band kar. Aur kya baat hai mere touch se hi pehchan liya ki main hoon. ( are jungli we are outside so stop shouting. And you have recognized by just my touch not bad.) I'm impressed.

Khushi- aur nahi to kya. Itne Kharab haat kisi insaan nahi monkey ka hi ho sakta hain.( Obviously. So bad hands can only belong to a monkey.)

Manik- ha ha funny....

He then greeted the other members. Mami asked him to seat with them which politely refused saying he had his dinner as he had come there for a business meeting. Suddenly he remembered something.

Manik- oh Khushi happy birthday. I guess this is the reason you guys came here.

Others- Whattt........ today is your birthday. Why didnt you tell us? Payal you too did not tell us.

Payal- wo yeh Khushi chahti thi ki hum kisiko kuch na bataye. ( it was Khushi's wish that I dont tell anyone about it.)

Khushi- Thank you Manik. Tumne subah wish kiya tha na. Tumhe firse wish karne ki kya zaroorat thi. Aur rahi baat hamare janam din ka, hum nahi chahte the ki koi pareshani ho kisiko. Isi liye humne kisiko kuch batane se mana kiya tha. ( Manik you had wished in the morning you didnt have to wish again. And as my birthday is concerned I didnt want to trouble you guys. Thats why i asked jiji to not say anything.)"