and there he was. frozen in his place, stunned and overwhelmed at the fact that his daughter is standing right in front of him.

ciara looked excited about meeting a celebrity but what she didn't know was that was her father. i will not let her know that.

taehyung's eyes never left ciara. i thought that he would introduce himself and tell her that he is her father but it seemed like he can't talk. ciara was starting to feel confused.

"mommy? why isn't he saying anything?" ciara asked as she finally took her eyes off of taehyung and looked at me.

i stayed silent for a moment, wondering if taehyung would talk. but he didn't.

"i think he's tired right now, honey. my friend and i have to talk about something important. please go to your room and don't come out until i tell you, okay honey?" i told her as i pushed her behind me.

she looked disappointed. she probably wanted to spend time with him and wanted to be friends with a celebrity but i will not allow that. with a gloomy look, she went up the stairs and did as i said.

i looked at taehyung and saw a tear roll down his left cheek.

i scoffed as he looked at the ground. i knew i needed to get him something to comfort him or something to wipe his tears with but i didn't. it made me happy, seeing him cry. at last, he was the one crying for us. not me crying for him which i did several years ago.

he sniffed as he wiped his tears off his cheeks.

"this is the family that i left..." his voice trailed off as another tear came out of his eyes again.

my heart hurt. i don't know why but it did.

i don't know if i should let him stay, have a cup of coffee or kick him out and let the neighbors see him in this state.

with a heavy heart, i pulled him in the house and closed the door.

"come in." i said as i urged him to take off his shoes.

he slowly untied his shoe laces and took them off. he then looked at me.

i looked away, feeling awkward.

i grabbed my phone from my pocket and unlocked it before asking taehyung, "you should probably go now. someone might be looking for you. do you have someone to call?"

he shook his head and ruffled his hair.

"okay. i'll call namjoon. i'll tell him to pick you up."

i dialed namjoon's number and it rang 3 times before answering.

"hello? y/n?" a voice on the other side of that call was heard.

"hi, namjoon. i have a favor to ask if it's okay with you."

"we're a little busy right now. we're trying to find taehyung so i'm not sure i can help you if it's something urgent. what is it? maybe i can help you with it if i find the time."

"yeah about that namjoon, taehyung's here in my house. you can pick him up here. he's in..." i paused before looking at taehyung, "in a bad state. it'd be bad for him and his reputation if someone saw him this way."

there was a moment of silence from namjoon.

"i-i'll tell pd nim about this. i know this is too much to ask but can you let him stay for a little while? i-i mean your place is far away from the agency. it might take us hours to get there, and more if the traffic is bad" namjoon stuttered, unsure if it was okay to ask me do something for taehyung.

truth is, i didn't want him to stay but i'm not a horrible person and deep in my heart, i will always care for him.

"okay. text me when you get here." i said before i heard namjoon utter a thanks as i end the call.

i looked at taehyung and saw him looking at me.

"i'm sorry i had to put you in this position."

i forced out a smile as i put my phone back in my pocket.

"it's fine." i said.

he smiled and nodded.

"as long as you stay away from my daughter." i added.

his smile vanished as i smirked.

i wasn't going to let him off the hook easily.