十七

"is she okay?" taehyung worriedly asked as he held up a bag of comfort food. "i got here as fast as i could."

i nodded and took the bag away from his hands.

"she's fine. her fever has lowered down and i gave her medication." i informed him. "how about work? it's a surprise they let you leave early."

taehyung chuckled.

"i had to persuade them. it wasn't that hard because they understood my situation and was being so understanding."

i only nodded as a response as i took everything out of the bag and analyzed what i could give ciara for her to feel better.

when i looked back, taehyung was still standing there.

"what are you doing?"

"oh" he smiled. "can i go see ciara?"

my eyebrows furrowed. "uh did you really have to ask permission before you go and do that?"

"i don't want to be rude..."

"you can go see her in her room."

then he gave me a small smile before walking to upstairs to check up on ciara. the rest of the day went well. taehyung stayed until ciara's temperature has gone back to normal despite having a busy schedule for their comeback.

i remember trying to persuade him to get some rest and go home because i already had everything in control but he didn't want to.

"this is the first time tending to my sick daughter in her 5 years of existence. i want to be here for her."

when he told me that with a longing look on his face, i let him stay. he wanted to make up for not being there for ciara and i understand because i also wanted him to.

taehyung left around 4AM in the morning and went straight to bighit entertainment to make up for the work he missed yesterday.

i was a little worried about him. he didn't get any sleep and the last thing he has eaten was the chocolate oatmeal bar that i gave to him as a snack.

"mommy?" i felt someone poking my cheeks as i felt my drool beside my mouth.

i quickly wiped the drool off of my face and faced ciara and hugged her, still half asleep.

"wake up, we have to get ready for school."

i opened my eyes slightly and gave her a smile.

"you're not going to school today, sweetheart. i need to make sure that you're alright first."

she just nodded and went back to sleep.

when i woke up, i tried to feel ciara beside me with my eyes still shut but i didn't find her. my eyes opened as i got up and groggily went downstairs.

i heard the television playing haikyuu's opening. as i walked further, i saw ciara eating cereal as she watched the anime.

"goodmorning." i greeted and sat beside her.

"goodmorning, mommy!" she greeted back, taking a spoonful of her cereal and putting it in her mouth.

"what do you want for lunch?"

"can i have fried chicken?"

"sure." i said as i took my phone out of my pocket and saw that my manager approved of my absence which i informed him about yesterday.

i scrolled down to my messages only to see messages from an unknown number.

to: y/n
from: unknown

goodmorning, y/n. this is taehyung. namjoon gave me your number, i hope you don't mind.

is ciara doing well? i'll get there as soon as we're finished.

i sighed and decided to save his number before texting back.

to: taehyung
from: y/n

goodmorning. ciara's doing fine and has gotten her appetite back. you don't have to worry. go and get some rest, i have everything under control.

i sent him the text, hoping that he atleast got a few hours to rest but as soon as work finished, he really did come here.

"are you feeling okay now?" taehyung asked as he stroked ciara's hair.

ciara nodded, "yep! thank you for the food!"

"no problem."

"by the way, did you really stay here until i got better?"

"i did! i couldn't leave you..." taehyung trailed off as he never stopped showing ciara affection.

"but you have to get some rest!" ciara insisted. "if you become sick then i'll be sad!"

they went on, talking for a few minutes before both of them had fallen asleep next to each other.

i stood up and went upstairs to find a clean blanket. i also grabbed some pillows on my way down. i neared them and put the blanket on taehyung and ciara who seemed to be sleeping soundly. i brushed ciara's hair and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"i love you." i whispered at her before going to the other couch to take a nap.

taehyung's point of view

"i love you." i heard y/n whisper to ciara.

i was awake and i felt everything. she even put the blanket on both ciara and me making sure to cover us properly.

i felt warm. it felt nice. having someone take care of and having someone to take care of me. just like a family.

i didn't open my eyes for a few minutes and just stayed there still. i didn't want this moment to end. i don't want to make mistakes again. i don't want to leave my family again.

i slowly opened my eyes to see y/n sleeping on the couch across from us. it was cold but she only had her sweater and sweatpants on.

i slowly sat up, making sure not to move too much in order to keep ciara from waking up. i ruffled my hair and yawned quietly.

i felt sore. all of the work and promotions we have been doing definitely made me feel tired but seeing y/n, seeing ciara made all of that go away.

i sighed, placing ciara's head on my lap to make her more comfortable. i started stroking her hair as i looked at her with affection.

i looked at y/n and smiled.

"i love you both. so so much."