十六

weeks went by and i have never felt so empty and pitiful. i was too sad to engage in anything that doesn't include working and taking care of my ciara.

i started to hate meeting people and going out. it felt as if i was a huge inconvenience and that i might be doing everything wrong. i was scared to disappoint someone again.

with everything that has happened, i was being more careful of what decisions i was going to make.

"mommy? dad's here." ciara looked at me as she held out her hands for her packed lunch.

i finally snapped back to reality as i quickly finished the bento box and handed it to her. i noticed how she was a little bit pale but i disregarded it because i knew that she took her vitamins.

"i'll be going now, mommy! i love you!" ciara exclaimed as she leans in and kissed my cheek before rushing off to the front door.

i followed her and opened the lock that she couldn't reach.

"now, remember to eat your lunch and stay safe, okay? i love you." i said as i hugged her tight and released her, making her run to taehyung who was dressed in just sweatpants and a loose tshirt.

"goodmorning, are you ready to go?" taehyung asked as he gave a kiss on my daughter's cheek while ruffling her hair.

taehyung has been taking ciara to school since that night every chance he could get. he made sure to make up for all his faults and made a strong bond with her.

ciara happily nodded as she ran to the car and eagerly sat on the comfortable leather seat.

i was about to close the door when taehyung spoke.

"how are you doing, y/n? i barely see you at work." he asked with the softest voice, knowing that i wasn't at my best and knowing that he shouldn't provoke me.

"i'm doing fine." i answered, sounding a little bit cold. "take care of ciara."

i closed the door, not letting taehyung speak another word as i hurried upstairs and got ready for another tiresome day.

when i arrived at work, i tried my best to put on a smile and greet everyone respectfully.

it was lunch time when i heard my manager call for me.

"y/n! please go to the dressing room and get taehyung ready asap!"

even if i didn't want to do it, i nodded and grabbed everything i needed in a rush before doing my work.

when i arrived at the room, it was chaotic. it had slipped my mind that they are preparing for bts' comeback. since taehyung has been sending ciara to school almost everyday, i forgot that he has a hectic schedule yet he managed to make some time for ciara which i know was pretty difficult.

i went to find taehyung and found him sitting as he watched their practice video closely, searching for any moves that he could've done better.

he was already wearing his outfit for the comeback stage. all i needed to do was fix his makeup.

"good afternoon." i greeted, remembering to stay professional.

he turned to me as he greeted back with a smile, "good afternoon."

i quickly sanitized my hand and did his skincare flawlessly. i stayed silent, hoping for no small talk.

"you seem stressed."

i smiled at him. "i don't."

please let that be the end of conversation.

"i'm sorry for what happened that night."

i stayed silent as i put concealer on him and blended it after.

"i shouldn't have pushed it and waited for your approval instead."

"no. it's okay."

"y/n, you don't have to pretend-"

"i'm not pretending." i cut him off as i finished doing his base.

"what you did has hurt me..." i trailed off as i stopped for a second. "but you had every right to do what you did that night. after all, you are her father."

i am learning how to swallow my pride and lower my walls. it takes a lot of courage but i wanted to make everything right. whatever it takes.

"a-are you really okay?" taehyung stuttered as he put the back of his hand on my forehead.

i pushed his hand away as i gave him final touches.

"you're all set." i said as i gathered all the brushes before sanitizing everything. i left his side, getting ready to help the other workers that handled the other members' wardrobes.

i did everything i could to get my mind off of taehyung and the situation i'm in. i even swept the floor and helped make sure that everything is set.

i was making my coffee when i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. i fished it out to see that there was a message from ciara's school.

to: yoo y/n
from: *********

good afternoon, ms. yoo.

this message is to inform you that ciara had fallen sick and is required to be taken home or taken to the hospital. she is currently having a fever and doesn't have the appetite to eat anything.

i didn't finish reading the whole message as i threw my coffee away and asked my manager to take an early leave, explaining the situation to him. i thanked him as he let me leave early and scrambled to fix my things and stuff them in my bag, making sure that i haven't forgotten anything.

i was about to leave when somebody had grasp my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. i turned to that someone, annoyed.

"what's wrong?" it was taehyung who had his eyebrows furrowed and looked worried.

"ciara's sick. i have to pick her up from school." i explained as i shook my hand out of his grasp.

"i have to go." i quickly said as i went to go fetch ciara.

when i got there, ciara was shivering. i went to her side as i gave her a tight hug.

"we gave something to help lower down her fever. i suggest that you give her some time to rest." the school nurse explained.

i nodded and went to collect ciara's backpack and carried her.

"thank you very much." i thanked the school nurse with a smile before rushing home to let her sleep.

"mom?"

i turned to ciara who was falling asleep.

"yes, sweetheart?"

"is everything okay?"

i took a moment before i answered her.

"everything will be fine." i smiled.