十八

days have passed and things were getting better. it was a bit slow but i'll take what i can get. i admit, lowering my guard and being vulnerable took a lot of courage for me to do because all these years, i have never showed how weak i am to other people.

"we're having lunch, y/n. do you want to join us?" jin asked as he helped me carry the boxes of clothing that was asked for me to transfer to the changing room.

"wouldn't it be awkward for you guys?" i questioned, trying my best to grip the boxes tightly, hoping that none of them escape my grasp.

"no, not really. honestly, we don't mind. you had a past with taehyung but it's all fixed now, right?"

i sighed. it's still not alright. i have been too harsh on him when i met him months ago and i'm still giving him the cold shoulder. i just don't know how to act around him.

"i-i guess everything's fine..."

jin smiled. "great! then i'll wait for you outside." he cheerfully said as he put the boxes he was carrying on top of the boxes i was barely holding up.

"toodles!" he waved before skipping away, leaving me with this mess.

i made sure to finish my task quickly. i can't wait to see jin and punch the living daylights out of him.

i was waking to the exit when i felt someone tap my shoulder.

"oh, it's you." my eyes landed on taehyung who was walking beside me with his hands in his pockets. as always, he looked very attractive.

"jin said you were joining us for lunch."

i nodded.

"wouldn't that be awkward for you?"

"no. why would it be?" i tried my best to act casual, not trying to give him a hint that i was actually feeling uncomfortable.

"you know, about the thing, our past."

i shrugged. "we'll sort it out."

i felt him stiffen beside me.

"we will?" he asked. even though i didn't look at him, i could tell he was surprised by what i said. "we'll sort it out?" he asked again, shock laced in his voice.

"don't you want to?"

"n-no! i want to! i'd love to!" he said, a little bit too loud making everyone look at us.

i tried to suppress my smile as i kept walking. when we got to the door, i reached the handle but taehyung beat me to it, gesturing for me to exit first.

my eyes found jin standing with the other members waiting for us. i walked up to him and punched his arm as hard as i can.

"that's for leaving me with all those boxes."

jin can't help but laugh. "i'm sorry! you know that i don't like carrying heavy things!"

i scoffed.

"wait, so you were the one who gave her those boxes, hyung?" taehyung asked, his arms crossed.

jin nodded proudly. "yep!"

"you're lucky you're my hyung. if you were any younger than me, i would've punched you." taehyung joked, the others agreeing.

then i saw jungkook slap jin's shoulder. "i don't care if you're my hyung. i could hit you whenever i want hehe."

they continued to joke around as we walked with disguises, trying to find a good place to eat.

when we finally found one, we made sure that we picked the best spot in the restaurant. our table was a perfect for 8 people. we decided that the hyungs will sit together while i sit with the maknaes, of course, they made sure that i sit beside taehyung.

after we ordered, they didn't give me and taehyung a chance to breathe. they bombarded us with questions about how we were doing and if ciara was happy to be with a complete family.

"so, how's ciara?"

"she's doing fine. she gets really excited everytime she sees you guys on tv." i laughed, remembering the time she did the fanchant while they were performing live on tv. "she knows the fanchant too."

everyone smiled, wanting to see her do the fanchant.

"and she really wants to see you guys. she misses you too much."

namjoon joked. "it might just be taehyung, not us." he laughed.

"trust me, namjoon hyung. when she's with me, she always asks me when she'd ever see you guys again." taehyung said.

"when we get the chance, we'll make sure to visit her." jimin said, eyes disappearing because of smiling widely.

"so how about you and taehyung? are you guys okay now?" jin asked only to get his side pinched by namjoon.

i awkwardly laughed. "we'll talk about it."

"in private." taehyung added, making sure to emphasize his words. probably telling them to not continue this conversation anymore.

jin was about to ask more questions but of course, namjoon was there to save the day. the food arrived and we all had fun spending time with each other.

i missed this. this was just like the old times but without the toxicity. i'm really glad that i got to spend time with them again.

after lunch, we went back to work. as always, i cleaned my workspace before leaving. i continued organizing things until i heard a knock on the door.

i turned around to see taehyung.

"hey." he greeted.

"hey."

he cleared his throat. "let's go together. i'll give you a ride home."

to be honest, i wanted to go home alone today to think things through but this will be a chance to mend my relationship with taehyung. clear some misunderstandings and apologize for the bad things we have done to each other.

"okay."

taehyung waited for me. i exited the room and walked beside him. when we reached the parking lot, he unlocked his car and opened the passenger's door for me.

"thanks."

he got inside the car and started to drive. we didn't speak for a while. the only thing that was keeping us from being awkward was the music coming from the radio.

i felt tensed. should i speak first?

"u-uhm, how's your day?" taehyung stuttered, his hands gripping the wheel as he glanced at me.

"it was a busy day but it was fine. how about yours?"

"i had a lot of schedules for today but thankfully, we managed to finish all of them in time. if we didn't, i'd be late and i'd miss the chance to drive you home."

i blinked in surprise as i looked at him. he was avoiding my gaze, maybe because he was being shy or being cautious of what he should say to me.

"oh." i stayed silent for a while. the car stopped and i saw lots of cars all lined up in front of us. "if the traffic gets worse, we won't be home in time. i should tell ciara's nanny." and i did as i said.

i was about to speak when taehyung beat me to it.

"i'm sorry, y/n. i'm sorry for everything that i have put you through."

i sighed, mentally preparing myself for this conversation. tonight's going to be a long night.