"goodbye taehyung! goodbye momma!" ciara yelled before shutting the car door and running off to go to her classroom on time.

when ciara was in the car, she was cheerful than she was when i took her to school. a thought just popped into my head that tells me that maybe she needs a father but i completely discarded that thought as soon as it popped up. i cannot have more problems on my plate right now.

we waited for ciara to disappear from our sights with smiles on our faces but taehyung's was larger.

"i never knew how fulfilling and happy it would be to take my daughter to school." he said softly as he genuinely smiled.

"yeah..." i agreed as i zipped my bag and got ready to get out of the car.

i grabbed the handle and tried to turn it only to realize that it was locked. i tried to turn it again but it won't budge.

i turned to taehyung only to see him looking at me.

"thanks for the ride but i want to get off here now."

he chuckled.

"this is the first time where we spend time with each other without fighting like cats and dogs since we broke up. i want this moment to last." he admitted, his eyes never leaving mine.

i was uncomfortable. the fear of falling for him again creeps in my heart, leaving me unsettled. i knew i had to get away from him before anything worse happens.

"please open the door. i'm going to be late for work."

he sat up straight in realization before starting the car, "so where do you work? i can give you a lift."

i shook my head in disagreement.

"no, i'm sure i can handle it from here."

"no, i insist."

we went on like that for minutes until i gave him and told him where i worked.

"a stylist, huh? it's good to see that you're pursuing your dreams unlike before where you held back just for me."

i mentally cringed at that moment. how could i never put myself first before? maybe it's because i loved taehyung more than i loved myself.

"yeah, i was so dumb before."

"you weren't. i was." he said softly as he continued to drive.

nothing was heard between us but silence. i didn't want to talk about the past but he keeps bringing it up.

minutes later, he stopped the car in front of a familiar building.

"this is my stop. thanks for the ride." i thanked him as i tried to open the door but it's still locked.

i turned to him before speaking, "can you please open the do-"

"i had a great time with you and ciara today. thank you for letting me see her."

i relaxed my shoulders as i pursed my lips together.

"yeah, you're welcome but don't expect that i will let you be a part of my daughter's life. i can't let you ruin her life like you ruined mine."

taehyung broke eye contact with me and unlocked the door. i turned the handle and was about to get out when taehyung held my wrist and pulled me close.

he was hugging me.

"i'm sorry for everything that i have done but please give me a second chance. i will prove myself worthy to be in your lives again and if i screw up, you can tell me to leave and you will never see me again."

i didn't answer.

"please, y/n. i'm begging you. it hurts so much to see my daughter growing up without a father and you supporting your daughter alone. i want to help." he whispered to my ear as he tightened his hug.

i would've been tensed but i felt comfortable.

i missed being in his arms and for a second i wanted to give him a chance. it made me realize that maybe i was being selfish. it is my daughter's choice to see her father and i was not letting her. i wanted to protect her from what happened to me back then but i'm not sure if that will happen again in the future. i'm quick when jumping into conclusions but it has never crossed my mind that maybe taehyung has changed. maybe he really meant everything that he said.

"okay, i'm giving you a second chance. don't waste it."

because it's my birthday, enjoy these updates and stay safe everyone!! ilyyy