awkward and unsettling. two words that described the situation that we were in right now. i decided to open the tv earlier for taehyung to watch some shows that he might like but it didn't make the situation better.

we were sitting on the opposite sides of the couch. we had a huge space between and neither of us try to talk to each other after i called namjoon.

i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. i fished it out before unlocking it, only to see a message from namjoon.

from: kim namjoon
to: yoo y/n

received 7:34 pm

namjoon: hey y/n, thanks for letting taehyung stay there for a moment. we're trying our best to go there as fast as we can so we couldn't bother you anymore with this. traffic is worse than expected. we might be there after 3 or 4 hours. if we're lucky, maybe two hours and a half? i'm really sorry to bother you y/n but could you keep him a little longer? i promise, we will reward you for everything that you have done for taehyung. thank you and please take care.

end of text.

i felt stressed. it wasn't my obligation to take care of this man. i have no relationship with him and any person that would be cheated on will not take care of their ex. but what am i doing right now?

doing the exact opposite.

i put my phone back in my pocket before standing up and started walking towards the stairs.

"where are you going?" a deep and hoarse voice asked.

"upstairs." i answered nonchalantly.

truth to be told, i was concerned about him. he didn't seem okay. his voice sounded broken, literally and i'm not sure if it's good for him or his career.

"if you're thirsty, help yourself. the kitchen is right over there. there's lemon water in the fridge." i said as i pointed where the kitchen is.

i despise him but i'm not a bad person.

i walked up the stairs and walked down the hallway, which led me to ciara's bedroom. i knocked a special pattern before entering the room.

there i saw, ciara sleeping on her bed hugging two of her favorite dolls.

i found it funny, how the mind of kids work. i once asked her why she hugged two instead of one. she answered with, "because if i hug baby, then pinky would feel sad because i chose baby over her and if i picked only pinky, then baby would also feel the same way. i hug them both so they won't feel sad!"

it was interesting and cute at the same time.

i totally love ciara. she's my angel, the only reason why i live and she's the love of my life. if she was to be taken from me, i'd lose it. i would do anything for my daughter and i wouldn't let anything harm her. especially the man downstairs.

i kissed ciara goodnight and felt the urge to take a nap. i didn't put my phone on silent in case namjoon calls. i placed it on the table beside ciara's bed and left the lamp open. i laid down beside ciara and hugged her as i felt tiredness taking over me which caused me to fall asleep quickly.

i felt nothing but comfort after i was beside my daughter. she really is my savior.