十三

"he was an old friend." i explained to my manager and workmates who were sitting on their chairs in a circular arrangement and were all interested about what my relationship is with taehyung.

my manager clicked his tongue and smiled at me.

"i don't know y/n..." he trailed off before smirking at me.

"it seemed like you two are a lot more than old friends." he continued and gave me a wink.

i sighed and shook my head, giving them a forced-out smile.

"nah, we were really just old friends."

my workmates nodded but that didn't stop them from giving me smiles that had a meaning. like they knew that taehyung and i must have a loving relationship in the past.

i was about to continue to explain my point when my manager spoke up and faced my workmates.

"hmm, i guess she's right. i mean, she has eunwoo right now so even if she had a relationship with a famous kpop idol, which i personally think is cute by the way..." he smiled at me before continuing, "it wouldn't really matter now."

i blinked in surprise as i looked at him.

"you knew about eunwoo?"

he shrugged.

"it was obvious that he liked you. we were actually debating on when he would ask you out but i guess from all the lovely dovey moments that happened earlier, he did it already."

i can't help but smile at what my manager said. my workmates also gave me smiles and congratulated me for going out with eunwoo which made me think that maybe my life is going where i want it to be. i'm going to start being happy and feel loved once more.

finishing our little chat, we went back to our respective places and began organizing our things. i pulled out the clothes of the artists out of the box and carefully hung them on the racks. it took me a lot of time and energy to finish cleaning up so i took a seat on my chair and just looked at the sight of our slightly messy room.

because i was so busy organizing, i didn't notice that everyone else except me wasn't in the room. they probably went out to get lunch or took a break. after all, this was draining our energy.

i sighed, already feeling exhausted and wanting to go home but i knew i needed to stay here until work hours are over. i just felt overwhelmed by everything that has happened this day. this was too much for me to take in.

i was lost in my own thoughts when i heard a knock. i stood up, dusted off my clothes before heading towards the door to open it.

"hey y/n." namjoon greeted with a smile.

he was wearing a white shirt that was tucked in his loose and ripped jeans. he had stylish shoes on and he and his outfit just screamed visual.

"hey namjoon."

he took a moment to look at me before speaking, "you're really here, huh?"

i pursed my lips as i ran my fingers through my hair, "i guess i am."

he nodded as he tried to peek inside the room. i immediately went outside the room and closed the door, preventing him to see the inside.

"it's really messy in there right now. i suggest that you don't go in there until it's thoroughly cleaned and organized. it's still dusty in there." i explained.

"ahh..." namjoon nodded.

"you hungry?"

i was about to say no when i felt and heard my stomach grumble.

"i'll take that as a yes." he chuckled as he put his arms on my shoulder making me look like an arm rest, just like old times.

"let's go."

truth is, namjoon was one of my closest friends when taehyung and i were still dating. back then, he was like my older brother and we enjoyed spending time with each other but when news broke out that taehyung cheated on me and we broke up, we lost touch for a few months.

namjoon has played a large role in my life. in fact, he was the first one to know that i was pregnant. he helped me get through it all.

when i gave birth to ciara, it wasn't easy. i had an unstable job, i didn't have enough money, i didn't know who to ask for help but namjoon offered me a hand without thinking twice. he helped me raise ciara and gave us everything we needed until i can stand up alone and provide for my family. because of that, i will always be grateful that i have a wonderful friend like him.

"what are you thinking about?" a voice asked, making me snap out of reminiscing the good old days.

"nothing. i am just happy to see you." i admitted as i felt namjoon pat my head.

"how's ciara?"

i chuckled.

"oh she misses you. she still keeps that broken sunglasses of yours that you left in my home."

namjoon laughed in embarrassment.

"i miss her too and for the record, she broke those sunglasses. i didn't." he defensively held his hands up, trying to convince me that he isn't that clumsy.

"chill, i wasn't asking who broke it." i said as i smirked at him.

"and seeing you defensive had me thinking that maybe you really did break those sunglasses."

"oh come on, i'm not that clumsy!"

we continued to banter and playfully argue back and forth until we exited bighit's building. we were about to go to the right street until a familiar figure comes up running in front of us.

"eunwoo?"