十五

"what's wrong?" taehyung asked as we reached the kitchen, far enough to keep our conversation private.

i leaned on the countertop, crossing my arms before glaring at him.

"you know what's wrong. what the hell were you saying back there?" i furiously asked, ready to kick him out of my house.

"i couldn't tell her our past. she'd hate me."

"of course she'd hate you but i wasn't talking about that! 'she was the reason why i strive to become more' what are you doing lying to my daughter? you know damn well that that isn't true." i quoted as i rolled my eyes.

"i wasn't lying about anything that i told her." he explained, never taking his eyes off of me.

i inhaled trying to compose myself. he knew how much those words meant to me and now he's being a jerk, trying to lead me on.

"i can't believe you're still a liar." i scoffed.
"please drop the act. we both know that what we had before was nothing special." my voice was getting quieter every second.

i felt weak. hearing how much i meant to him made me vulnerable. it felt like i wanted to run back into his arms again.

"that's what you think, y/n." he said, walking towards me.

i turned away, refusing to meet his eyes.

"don't come near me." i barely said, my knees and breath shaking.

it was too dangerous for me.

"did you think that i never loved you?" he asked softly but intimidatingly, putting his hands on the counter behind me.

i didn't answer. i was too stiff to move or do anything at the moment:

he scoffed, "you're not the only one who has loved unconditionally and been hurt y/n."

i finally looked at him and met his eyes. his eyes were glinted with sadness and rage.

"i can't believe you right now. are you mad at me?" i asked raising my eyebrow, trying to act tough.

he shook his head.

"no, i'm mad at myself." he paused, "because i can't believe that i'm still putting up with your attitude when all i want to do is prove that i've changed and want the best for my daughter."

i gave him a hard push, making him back away from me.

"now it's my problem huh? my attitude? well, sorry for protecting my daughter from the guy that has hurt me so much!" i screamed, taking off and opening the front door, gesturing for him to leave.

taehyung looked defeated and was ready to leave when ciara showed up, looking like she was about to cry.

"why are you fighting? please stop." her voice shakes as she looked at me and taehyung with desperate eyes.

"ciara, go to your room."

"no ciara, stay right here."

i glared at him.

"don't tell my daughter what and what not to do."

"m-mommy? why are you being m-mean?" ciara asked, tugging my pants as i saw tears roll down on her cheeks.

i felt my heart ache. i was being mean for the sake of my daughter.

"y/n, she has the right to know."

"she doesn't need to know."

"need to know what, mommy?"

i looked at taehyung who was now walking towards us. he knelt in front of ciara and wiped away her tears.