- douze -

My head was hanging off the bed and my legs dangling off the other end. My body felt sore and I tried to get off from my bed this morning. I opened my mouth, and felt a sharp pain coming from my right cheek. I looked into the mirror and a swollen cheek and a black eye caught my attention. I felt light headed and dizzy.

Today was my first meeting with the therapist so I took a bath and got dressed. I wore shades over my eyes to hide the black marks and my hoodie, shoving my hands in my pockets.

I took two steps down the staircase and I heard my grandmother talking on the phone "Last night was the worst Karen ever behaved, she threatned to kill her, I'm so afraid now" then she paused to hear what the speaker had to say.

"Yeah after the meeting I'll tell her the arrangement" I stood silent having a gut feeling that she was talking about me.

I wanted to know what was the arrangement.

Was it going to affect me and Ashton?

We arrived at the office and Ashton was already waiting with his mom. He was playing with strings of is hoodie when I walked up to him and he eyes focused on me I took ths seat next to him "Hey what happened last night? And why are you wearing sunglasses?"

"Umm my mom's what happened" I took off the shades revealing the black my mark on my left eye.

"Oh Emma" he said hugging me. I bursted down in tears as he tried to comfort me.

"She hates me so much Ash" I said pulling myself away from him. His hands cupped my face as tears slid down my cheeks and he took his thumb finger and wiped them away.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Mr. Irwin the doctor will see you now" the receptionist shouted from her desk. We both lost focus on each when Ashton got up and grabbed my hands, forcing me to get up. I went into the office with him and we both sat in the loveseat.

"Good Morning, I'm Dr. Greene and I'll be your therapist"

"Well I'm Emma and this is Ashton" he shook my hand.

The doctor reached his hands toward Ashton but Ashton did not shake it.

"Okay well this session is about Mr. Ashton Irwin. So Ashton who do you live with?"

"My mom, I have two step- siblings but they don't live with me and my dad died"

"How?"

"A car crash" he responded snarling at him.

"Mmmh" the doctor pressed his lips together, writing something down on his notepad.

"How old are you guys?"

"I'm seventeen" I responded

"Me too" said Ashton.

"So I heard you tried to committ suicide. Why?"

"Why the fuck you wanna know that?" He growled. The doctor asked Ashton to explain his past but Ashton refused to.

Ashton's POV

I hate going to therapy. All therapists are the same, they are all selfish, ass-holes and I really do not like the idea of telling my personal business to some stranger.

"So I heard you tried to committ suicide. Why?"

"Why the fuck you wanna know that?" I grumbled. He wanted to know my past life but I had no intentions of telling him. In my past life lurked something deep and I really did not want to talk about it.

"Ashton won't you do it for me?" Emma whispered in my ears. Her sweet voice relaxed me as she placed her little hand on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and I started talking.